Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

how's the salmon fishing been on Ontario? going out of mexico on wed. absolutely crushed them last year
Super. Super. Super slow. But she should get better everyday. Mexico should be good to go. Western end showing horrible reports for the last couple weeks. Big class of fish coming from Rochester way, but slim pickings. The 30 fish days may not happen this year.....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Great day fishing the upper west branch. Did a guided float trip. Landed 4 fish and lost 2 really good ones. Can’t wait to get back about again. Delaware River club did awesome job guiding as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, TreeGuy said:

Super. Super. Super slow. But she should get better everyday. Mexico should be good to go. Western end showing horrible reports for the last couple weeks. Big class of fish coming from Rochester way, but slim pickings. The 30 fish days may not happen this year.....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

trip got postponed til tomorrow because of the weather but the captain said the fishing has been good. hopefully it picks up down your way soon

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, crappyice said:

Please allow a little sidebar...anyone have any experience with FlexSeal spray to repair cracks in a fiberglass canoe? This is a spot I repaired many years ago. If not a decent solution what is recommended?

I think that would be ugly, and a temporary solution at best.  Most boating supply stores carry a 2-part epoxy that is mixed and spread over the cracks, for a permanent fix.   I used that stuff to repair a couple dings on the bow and stern of my Winona 17 ft kevlar canoe about 10 years ago and it has held up very well.  If you are concerned about the looks, this stuff can be sanded and painted, such that know one will know there was a repair.           

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:38 PM, Thejerkman said:

Great day fishing the upper west branch. Did a guided float trip. Landed 4 fish and lost 2 really good ones. Can’t wait to get back about again. Delaware River club did awesome job guiding as always

I always wanted to do a float trip on the west branch,now i know where to start looking,thanks

Please allow a little sidebar...anyone have any experience with FlexSeal spray to repair cracks in a fiberglass canoe? This is a spot I repaired many years ago. If not a decent solution what is recommended?

I used “gluvit” on a few boats it’s a little expensive but works great.
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/gluvit-waterproof-epoxy-sealer.html
Depending on the size of the crack JB weld works as well.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, crappyice said:

long story short, really bad roads on the way to an outfitter left a large crack in the hull of my dad's 16' alumacraft. Flexseal and that thing was good all day for 5 days in a row. do it.

• Like 1

I always wanted to do a float trip on the west branch,now i know where to start looking,thanks

Yes, they are great my favorite guide there is Sam she does a amazing job.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:14 PM, crappyice said:

Thanks I’ll give it a shot. We don’t use it as much as I’d like so it should be “good enough”

that was his thought, but good enough ended up being great. Be sure to follow the instructions and take your time. clean the surface, feather it etc.

• Like 1

Went out fishing with the GF this morn.  She forgot that her license expired....yes we are still together, but it was close!  Lol

Dropped line in and didn't even get it all the way down and had a walleye. It was a short. Caught two and lost three on first pass, next pass lost 3 more, next pass lost one caught one. My ratio of hit to net sure wasn't good today but limit.  Should've had limit in about 15 minutes but limit and off the lake by 8 am not bad.  

IMG_20190719_091527575.jpg

• Like 9