Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

30120c5543e0c8c90fca50284931963b.jpg&key=acf8fe73f7ad7d5aab97608e16fb73997dad21ffdfbfdb5fff00b9bfe2487e52

Just might wet a line in the morning. Seems everyone is scared of this heat. I can’t sit home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skunked. Fished 7-10am. Saw ZERO boats out! Lol. Surface water temp was 84 degrees! Brutal. Should have went golfing.

684df5b67d0ee8ed7212c11502a8ee11.jpg

So what where you fishing  on the Delaware.... dry ... nymph.... streamers. What was hatching .... most of all where is the pics ?

All drys, mostly sulphers and some iso’s was with a guide I fish with often. We caught fish but nothing pick worthy

With no inside knowledge I’m guessing streamers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s the reason I love the upper west, even in the heat of summer you get hatched because of the dam. Fished drys all afternoon and evening

• Like 1

I sent out some pm’s. But figured I might as well open this to the group. I’m going to hit the upper west of the Delaware next Saturday afternoon and evening for anyone interested. Most likely the gentleman’s club and Indian country for anyone that knows the area

• Like 1

I just walked in the house....Stopped and got a bite to eat on the way home...

Rob and I had a great adventure with Treeguy this morning..We didn't exactly fill the box, due to rough water ( as in 4 footers), but Andrew put us on fish and we did better than many of the other fishermen, including at least one charter...Rob caught a fat hog of  walleye( over 7 pounds) which is the second lake Erie walleye he has ever caught AND the biggest walleye he has caught in 25 years....   I caught a sheepie that would make  Turkeyfeathers envious...

Andrew is a good guide and superb boat handler...It was testy out there to day, but he did an exemplary job handling the boat as well as doing the bear's share of the rigging..I mostly sat still, drank beer and cranked in some fish...Although  I once spent two years living on a ship and have spent many thousands of hours  on boats since then, my sea legs are a thing of the past..I did not dare move anywhere on the boat without hanging onto something, being that rough...  I just wish he hadn't insisting on TEASING me by bending over in front of me so many times....Hehehehe..

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Where is the report from@robhuntandfish /@pygmy !?!!!!!!

Didn't you guys go fishing today ?!?!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Aye Capt!  Hell of a day on the water on Erie with Pygmy and Treeguy.  Andrew you are the real deal all day out there.  Started off the am with some serious waves 4-5 footers so we fished inside the wall and still got into a couple including one big one that I managed to lose.  

Andrew wouldn't give and the wind switched and away we went on the big lake.  Got out and first rod out just got into holder and Fish on!  A nice 7+#er .  Best walleye I've gotten in 25 years and my first lake Erie eye! Made a pass and hooked a couple more.  Wind picked right back up and made another pass and we had a double.  

I sent a text to my GF telling her that when they make " the Perfect Storm 2" based on our day on Erie I wanted " The Rock" to play me.  Lol. So we came back in. But really wasn't worried Andrew can handle that boat! Impressive! 

Thanks Andrew for a great day on the water and Dan for getting together for another great fishing day!  

Had a blast.  

IMG_20190721_112135357.jpg

8856.jpeg

8867.jpeg

8868.jpeg

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

Great job for a young kid. Up early, break your back, come home smelling like mackerel with tuna steaks as a tip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've cpme home smelling like mackerel a few times, but not recently...<<sigh>>….

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aye Capt!  Hell of a day on the water on Erie with Pygmy and Treeguy.  Andrew you are the real deal all day out there.  Started off the am with some serious waves 4-5 footers so we fished inside the wall and still got into a couple including one big one that I managed to lose.  
Andrew wouldn't give and the wind switched and away we went on the big lake.  Got out and first rod out just got into holder and Fish on!  A nice 7+#er .  Best walleye I've gotten in 25 years and my first lake Erie eye! Made a pass and hooked a couple more.  Wind picked right back up and made another pass and we had a double.  
I sent a text to my GF telling her that when they make " the Perfect Storm 2" based on our day on Erie I wanted " The Rock" to play me.  Lol. So we came back in. But really wasn't worried Andrew can handle that boat! Impressive! 
Thanks Andrew for a great day on the water and Dan for getting together for another great fishing day!  
Had a blast.  
IMG_20190721_112135357.thumb.jpg.6cfd2bc29dcfd2b8fd0102c102d6456c.jpg
8856.thumb.jpeg.6812158a3c903cbbc6c2853c351eaf3b.jpeg
8867.thumb.jpeg.48f9061eaaceb5c625d93cb0475beb10.jpeg
8868.thumb.jpeg.9b710884fa3e9ab7cfcf7476d80ec61f.jpeg
How dare you leave out the most memorable fish of the day......

Pygmys singing really kept us in the zone.

Glad you fellas enjoyed the day, just wish the big E would have thrown you a better welcome party than that. As we rolled off I swear I heard her say....farewell Rob, here's a few 6'rs to remember me by.
ad92ba9e6248b2287ffac09aad1cb6fe.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

How dare you leave out the most memorable fish of the day......

Pygmys singing really kept us in the zone.

Glad you fellas enjoyed the day, just wish the big E would have thrown you a better welcome party than that. As we rolled off I swear I heard her say....farewell Rob, here's a few 6'rs to remember me by.
ad92ba9e6248b2287ffac09aad1cb6fe.jpg

Erie did break e in easy with a 16" eye for my first Erie eye then sent me home with some 6 footers to let me know what that lake can be.  But that 7+ was a tank!  the one i lost was def as big.  Damn good day def have to try that again! 

• Like 1