Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Uh oh.... Usual late summer is starting.  Went out and in 3 hours 2 perch.  Saw one boat with the net out.  Everyone else never saw a fish reeled in.  Lake is turning green and 79 degrees and floating weeds. My walleye bite might be over for the year on Oneida. Happens every season. Dunno how to get on em once this happens. Fished 22-42 FOW .  

Will try again next weekend I am sure but gonna be spending more time putting out cams and getting stands ready for hunting. 

Uh oh.... Usual late summer is starting.  Went out and in 3 hours 2 perch.  Saw one boat with the net out.  Everyone else never saw a fish reeled in.  Lake is turning green and 79 degrees and floating weeds. My walleye bite might be over for the year on Oneida. Happens every season. Dunno how to get on em once this happens. Fished 22-42 FOW .  
Will try again next weekend I am sure but gonna be spending more time putting out cams and getting stands ready for hunting. 
I think you know how....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

My buddy Howie and I screened about about a hundred Dobson ( hellegramites)  this morning in about an hour...

Planning to try Skaneateles  Thursday or Friday for perch and rock bass...Anybody ever fish the lake  ??

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

A hundred?!?!

Nice haul!!!!

Yeah Larry....We did pretty good considering we are a 69 year old and a 74 year old DODDERING  around in the river, trying not to get swept downstream....Hehehehe..

Got enough bugs to fish for awhile, anyway....Last year the water levels were so high I only got about 50 bugs for the entire season....Fortunately due to the durability of the bait,  we can often catch  numerous fish on one bug...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Erie program on Oneida !!

Can't even get one board out all the way out and lure and board are fouled with weeds.  Just huge balls of weeds floating everywhere soon. Was getting tough to keep them off today some. Shallow rough lake. They grow and get pulled out with wind. Used to fish the st Lawrence or bass fish more in August. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Can't even get one board out all the way out and lure and board are fouled with weeds.  Just huge balls of weeds floating everywhere soon. Was getting tough to keep them off today some. Shallow rough lake. They grow and get pulled out with wind. Used to fish the st Lawrence or bass fish more in August. 
Back to Erie then !!!

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

I KNOW DAMNIT! Had to sit through an uninspiring baseball effort for my boys last game Saturday.
No pics????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fish caught by either of us. At the very end I hooked a nice rainbow but lost him when he jumped.

• Like 2

I KNOW DAMNIT! Had to sit through an uninspiring baseball effort for my boys last game Saturday.
No pics????

No fish caught it was a great night great sulpher hatch lots of strikes nothing to the net. Well have to find another weekend soon

• Like 1

No fish caught it was a great night great sulpher hatch lots of strikes nothing to the net. Well have to find another weekend soon

Those thick hatches are either blessings(if you have THE fly) or a curse (if you have every other fly but THAT one!).
Guess it’s a big reason why we do it!

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

Those thick hatches are either blessings(if you have THE fly) or a curse (if you have every other fly but THAT one!).

I had a sulphur, but i think it was a couple sizes too big 

I had the fly but the takes were so subtle I couldn’t set the hook it was crazy the were just barely sipping bugs

Gotta love that frustration!!!

It almost became comical I was fishing the same riffle as two other guys both across the River from me one upstream and one downstream it kept happening to the 3 of us about every 5 min or so for the last hour of light you would hear one of us curse out loud

• Like 1

Skaneateles  is now on the back burner,,,,Weather conditions on Erie look very good the next few days, so  my buddy Howie and I are heading out to Dunkirk tomorrow.....
The weather and wind looks great from tomorrow thru Sunday on Erie. I am gonna make a run tomorrow morning....the boat is all rigged up and ready to roll!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chef said:

It almost became comical I was fishing the same riffle as two other guys both across the River from me one upstream and one downstream it kept happening to the 3 of us about every 5 min or so for the last hour of light you would hear one of us curse out loud

I didnt have that luck lol. I had 3 takes all day and the only one that resulted in a hook up was when the fog came in lol