Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

That body of water next to sprain golf course? I noticed that too. Looks weird. Do people fish it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen people there before right off the golf course toward the Jackson ave(North end) of the water- a lot of flooded timber. No boats or wading allowed which then means only real access is through the golf course .
I did a google search and found a blast from the past had an opinion on the subject
f4b45e77996168bbc506aea9bbf16091.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crappyice said:

@AThunter
I just drove down the Sprain Brook Parkway past the reservoir- any idea why it is mostly drained?!?!
Never seen it that low

10 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Not a clue

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That body of water next to sprain golf course? I noticed that too. Looks weird. Do people fish it?

They normally  drain them for anticipated snowmelt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

True dat...however I have never seen it this low(especially during a fairly light winter). I will snap a pic if I’m past there again

If you fish it now is a great time to take pictures of the humps,cuts and anything that looks like it will hold fish.That's what I used to do when I fished cannonsville reservoir works great.

If you fish it now is a great time to take pictures of the humps,cuts and anything that looks like it will hold fish.That's what I used to do when I fished cannonsville reservoir works great.

Exactly my thought except it’s a real PITA to fish/access. May even be closed to fishing now
Best I could do from my basketball team’s school bus traveling to yet another victory today!!!!

59d26c189f56f91eae3d776902cbf27d.jpg
3c1993ffeee0b342543d8dbfa105f715.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly my thought except it’s a real PITA to fish/access. May even be closed to fishing now
Best I could do from my basketball team’s school bus traveling to yet another victory today!!!!

59d26c189f56f91eae3d776902cbf27d.jpg&key=320f686511720bbd4cbc4143d244c87f20e107d53264ad7f0b3adbfd3e1a931c
3c1993ffeee0b342543d8dbfa105f715.jpg&key=52e989866b6c48b5b545694c378ad85ec409c12f3a6dfbfd214dbb14edc5583b

Yes people fish it and I hear there are monster crappy’s in there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

X3.......already getting gear ready. Was actually discussing plans for the Walleye opener on Erie with my buddy last night.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It's bad.  I have my rods rigged and tackle bag prepped.  Lol. I'm just short of putting a worm on the crawler harness already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It's bad.  I have my rods rigged and tackle bag prepped.  Lol. I'm just short of putting a worm on the crawler harness already. 

Don't forget your "bullhead jigs", Rob...Now that you know how easily they filet and how YUMMY the filets are...<<grin>>….

• Like 1

Just now, Pygmy said:

Don't forget your "bullhead jigs", Rob...Now that you know how easily they filet and how YUMMY the filets are...<<grin>>….

Def. That was great. Never even thought u could fillet them like that.  Too stuck in the old skinning them style.  They were def good too. Tacks cooked em up right!   And I always pack a good bullhead jig! Must have in the box. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I have a good quick way of skinning and cleaning them, and for many years the only fish I did not filet were bullheads and small stream trout...Then my buddy Handsome Howie  turned me on to filleting them, and I never looked back...Hehehe..

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, crappyice said:

59d26c189f56f91eae3d776902cbf27d.jpg
3c1993ffeee0b342543d8dbfa105f715.jpg

I feel like even you could catch a fish under those conditions...