Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

I had the same tonight Chrisw. One perch and three crappies. Drilled a few holes , but the fish would not cooperate tonight. Nice to be on some good ice finally.
Yea, it sucks when they get lockjaw but it certainly happens.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Off Lewis point on Oneida lake it looks like a village with all the shanties this morn. 
I was surprised how many machines were out there yesterday, I found 6" as a Max ice depth with a lot of cracks out of Chapman Park. My wheeler will stay in the garage for now. The walk is really easy anyhow.

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I was surprised how many machines were out there yesterday, I found 6" as a Max ice depth with a lot of cracks out of Chapman Park. My wheeler will stay in the garage for now. The walk is really easy anyhow.

Have heard lots of cracks. Most are saying 4-6 " of ice.  A couple of weeks ago people were doing well of sylvan but not many out there now.  Heard some doing well on North side.  

Handsome Howie and I fished the Tioga River  ( in PA) today for about three hours...

As usual, he outfished me with a 6 lb. walleye and a 3 lb. walleye   I managed to catch one around 18-19 inches..

We were fishing  4" white twister grubs on 1/4 oz. jigheads…. We are hoping to get some live chubs and give it another try in a couple of days...  Nice to be out on the water again...

• Like 9

Would say to stay off Oneida. Seen posts of a few snowmobiles and wheelers going thru the ice yesterday.  Lots of hidden cracks under the 8-10" of snow we got Friday. 
I got a wet leg on Thursday out of Lewis Point. I will not be going back on the lake for a bit until conditions improve.

25 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I got a wet leg on Thursday out of Lewis Point. I will not be going back on the lake for a bit until conditions improve.

Recovery place on Oneida had 4 calls and spent all day yesterday on 2 of them. Big bill when u lose a 4 wheeler thru the ice for sure.  But heard 2 snow machines and 2 wheelers.  Def still too sketchy out there.  Heard Chapman park has a lot of cracks too.