Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Wonder if you can get dumbass insurance  on a wheeler ....

Don’t know about “dumb ass” insurance but when mine went through it was covered completely with progressive.

I always picked on everyone that put one through until I was driving mine on 18” of ice and went through where a pressure crack opened up 8ft wide and then refroze with a half an inch of ice and then had a few inches of snow on top. Happened quick, and before I knew it the wheeler was under water, I was wet and my shit was floating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Don’t know about “dumb ass” insurance but when mine went through it was covered completely with progressive.

I always picked on everyone that put one through until I was driving mine on 18” of ice and went through where a pressure crack opened up 8ft wide and then refroze with a half an inch of ice and then had a few inches of snow on top. Happened quick, and before I knew it the wheeler was under water, I was wet and my shit was floating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My shit would be floating too  !!   Glad you made it out OK...

• Like 1

For some reason, even though I catch a lot of nice fish during warm weather, I love catching crappies and perch through the ice. Probably just because I have fewer options of things to do in the winter. This weekend was great with the warm weather. I had a couple little girls catching pickeral on tip ups along with a couple nice bass. 

They were so funny hanging out in the shanty, drinking hot cocoa, eating sandwiches. Then, a flag would go up and the yelling and fast walking trying to get to the hole. Then, making me take pictures to send to their moms, and facetiming with their moms and dads. Takes the years away when the youngsters are enjoying themselves.

• Like 5

For some reason, even though I catch a lot of nice fish during warm weather, I love catching crappies and perch through the ice. Probably just because I have fewer options of things to do in the winter. This weekend was great with the warm weather. I had a couple little girls catching pickeral on tip ups along with a couple nice bass. 
They were so funny hanging out in the shanty, drinking hot cocoa, eating sandwiches. Then, a flag would go up and the yelling and fast walking trying to get to the hole. Then, making me take pictures to send to their moms, and facetiming with their moms and dads. Takes the years away when the youngsters are enjoying themselves.
Good stuff !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Love the ht ice blue  rods for pan fish

How my son hasn't snapped that rod in half is beyond me. I taught him to set the hook and "skull drive" them.... He takes it to a whole new level. Just keeps setting the hook while reeling. Fish typically come flying out of the hole.

Prob my fault. The kid caught a couple Sunny's when he was 3 then it was straight to king's on the big pond. Its a struggle to bring him down to ice fishing levels. But the cost of a ht ice blue will be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

How my son hasn't snapped that rod in half is beyond me. I taught him to set the hook and "skull drive" them.... He takes it to a whole new level. Just keeps setting the hook while reeling. Fish typically come flying out of the hole.

Prob my fault. The kid caught a couple Sunny's when he was 3 then it was straight to king's on the big pond. Its a struggle to bring him down to ice fishing levels. But the cost of a ht ice blue will be worth it.

I break them in travel... I have landed some pretty big fish on them . Last time I found them on sale they were 6 bucks for the 24ul i bought  6 of them . I made small rod tubes for them so no broken rods in a while .  Kids can be tuff on equipment... but then smiles make it all worth it .... they never touch my fly rods but i have 3 rods i made  for the kids . 

• Like 1