Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Wolc. You have strange tastes. I think your taste buds go on vacation once the walleyes go deep....
At any rate.

Went out last night to fill the box, did that and tagged this nice 10#'r. Buffalo end.

I'm sure the fish will taste awful, but somebody will eat em. Maybe paired with some BB balls....

0464577a0910a6265a519240f5c9e030.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Yeah, I camped with that guy a couple of times..After the FIRST time I made sure to take my "soap on a rope"...

All I know is when I came up to your campsite on Keuka ..and no lie here...Dan had site #69 and it smelled like fish for sure.  Don't think I ever got the whole story....lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Wolc. You have strange tastes. I think your taste buds go on vacation once the walleyes go deep....
At any rate.

Went out last night to fill the box, did that and tagged this nice 10#'r. Buffalo end.

I'm sure the fish will taste awful, but somebody will eat em. Maybe paired with some BB balls....

0464577a0910a6265a519240f5c9e030.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Stomper of an eye.!!! That thing prob had bigger balls that Wolcs button bucks!  Nice one!

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

Out this am took a buddy and his son out.  First time in a boat for his son and he did great . Got 2 eyes and 4 perch.  Eyes were just under 15 but he caught some.  

Lol pretty sure I couldve limited out pretty quick but was trying to get him on em. I did get a big 23" for Oneida for sure.  But glad we were able to get him on some fish. 

IMG_20190707_101655827_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

All I know is when I came up to your campsite on Keuka ..and no lie here...Dan had site #69 and it smelled like fish for sure.  Don't think I ever got the whole story....lol

I just told the pretty little girl at the gate I wanted a site that smelled like a Saigon whorehouse...She gave me site # 69.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Stomper of an eye.!!! That thing prob had bigger balls that Wolcs button bucks!  Nice one!

Those cheeks are probably about the same size as 3.5 year old whitetail buck nuts.    Break out the frying pan, add butter and pepper for a pretty good surf-and-turf.        

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ugh. As can’t swim , yikes. Thanks for input 

No problem, Jay....Just have your buddy equip you with a snorkel, tie ropes on your wrists and ankles and use you for a drift sock...

As long as you are licensed and participating,  you should be able to legally keep a two man limit..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MPHunter said:

Caught too many bass to count Friday and Saturday up at camp. No lunkers but a ton of fun to catch. My mom even got in on the action. Gotta love the Senko. 218c1f2b7c3e749271fc6b257879adec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I rig the Senko wacky style and lost at least nine while catching a dozen or so bass Saturday. Do they hold up better for you the way you rig them? Most of the time they go up the line and then tear loose on a jump

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I rig the Senko wacky style and lost at least nine while catching a dozen or so bass Saturday. Do they hold up better for you the way you rig them? Most of the time they go up the line and then tear loose on a jump

I do think they hold up better rigged weedless. Besides getting beat up by fish, I have problems with the wacky rigged worms ripping while casting if trying to cast too hard. With the weedless rig, you can let it rip and not have to worry about it. They do get beat up at the eye of the hook and where the hook enters the worm. If it gets a little ragged, sometimes I will bite 1/4" or so off the end of the worm at the eye and re-rig with the point of the hook farther back into "solid" worm. We use 2/0, gamakatsu, EWG, offset shank worm hooks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yum worms seem to last a bit longer but nothing like a senko for action and feel.  I usually Texas rig them cause they do last longer and I can skip them better. You can use an O ring setup and they last longer that way too. But when they are hitting on em I plan on going thru 2 bags of em.  

If fishing brush and weeds I always Texas rig them. If open water I will throw it wacky style on occasion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Yum worms seem to last a bit longer but nothing like a senko for action and feel.  I usually Texas rig them cause they do last longer and I can skip them better. You can use an O ring setup and they last longer that way too. But when they are hitting on em I plan on going thru 2 bags of em.  

If fishing brush and weeds I always Texas rig them. If open water I will throw it wacky style on occasion. 

+2 on the o rings

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My nephew uses the O rings but he also likes the blue Senkos best so his opinions are immediately called into question

If I could only have one color senko, it would be black with blue flake.