JOGGER KILLS MOUNTAIN LION IN FT COLLINS

i would've asked to have that things cape and meat. adult mountain lions are supposed to be delicious. that thing was probably tasty as hell. i'd save it for dinner parties. when they asked where it came from it'd tell the truth.  i'd milk that luck train for all it's worth.

• Haha 1

Years ago I saved a newspaper article about a woman who killed one with a knife . She commented on how hard it was to penetrate the hide, “ kinda like shark “ she said .

Oh and one more reason not to ever “ jog “ .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i would've asked to have that things cape and meat. adult mountain lions are supposed to be delicious. that thing was probably tasty as hell. i'd save it for dinner parties. when they asked where it came from it'd tell the truth.  i'd milk that luck train for all it's worth.

I think the scars and stories will work well in the bar. Not many people can say they wrestled a mountain lion and won. By the time he's 40 that mountain lion will probably be 200 pounds, ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phade said:

I think the scars and stories will work well in the bar. Not many people can say they wrestled a mountain lion and won. By the time he's 40 that mountain lion will probably be 200 pounds, ha.

not sure what his name is to have a good ring to it but i'm sure he'll have a local nickname that'll stick.

39 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that thing was probably tasty as hell. i'd save it for dinner parties. when they asked where it came from it'd tell the truth.  i'd milk that luck train for all it's worth.

"I choked a pussy to death and then ate it" ????

If I ever saw one, while deer hunting in NY, I would shoot first and ask questions later.  With a couple of teenage girls that like to play out back, I ain't taking any chances.  I would call the DEC and turn myself in immediately after recovering the carcass.   If nothing else, that would prove that there really are some here.   A couple of neighbors told me they saw one, but I have doubts (they had no pictures).    They also said that their coyote sightings went way down, while the cougar was around, two hunting seasons ago.   My own coyote sightings were also down that year, but were up last season, so maybe there was one "passing thru".                

If I ever saw one, while deer hunting in NY, I would shoot first and ask questions later.  With a couple of teenage girls that like to play out back, I ain't taking any chances.  I would call the DEC and turn myself in immediately after recovering the carcass.   If nothing else, that would prove that there really are some here.   A couple of neighbors told me they saw one, but I have doubts (they had no pictures).    They also said that their coyote sightings went way down, while the cougar was around, two hunting seasons ago.   My own coyote sightings were also down that year, but were up last season, so maybe there was one "passing thru".                

If a Tom, Would you cut the nuts off and fry them in butter before calling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's a pretty good meateater podcast episode titled "path of the puma". It's over an hour discussion with a lion biologist and author about the history of the big cat, the different names we give it and most interestingly, the fact that the cat isn't native. The native cats went the way of the woolly mammoth. Anyhow, it's worth a listen if you're interested in the topic. Discusses a lot of the issues we're now facing with the reintroduction and growth of predators. More grizzlies, bears, wolf and cats today than in the last 100 years. In addition, people are moving further and further into the "woods". So this is creating conflict. IIRC there have been a dozen or so conflicts and a few deaths in the last few years and before that there were only a few in the last 100 years combined.

Essentially it's not an easy topic and there is no clear answer for me. We want our animals but we don't want them to kill our pets or hurt our recreationists trying to enjoy the outdoors. It may not be a "have your cake and eat it to" situation, but it's pretty close. 

22 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If a Tom, Would you cut the nuts off and fry them in butter before calling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pussy nuts ??.. Isn't that an oxymoron, Biz....??… At least as compared to a REGULAR moron....