LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

8 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

I walk this area every year before the season and never hunt it...when the option of walking out my back door and hunting or driving there and climbing a tree i get lazy. But this year i really want to check this spot out during bow.

I know how you feel. I hunt either out my front or back door or one mile down the road. There is plenty of stateland around me,but i never seem to make it out there.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Live from the car port drinking my coffee.A nice crisp 49 this morning makes me feel as if i should be in the woods,not going to work.Hoping forecast changes for opening day here!

Screenshot_20190918-043022_The Weather Channel.jpg

• Like 1

Picture of albino buck in Orange Co. Not going to give away location. But a damm fine buck!!8ca5e252bfe0c1ac8e4a394db8d9de39.jpg&key=8ff71d5a1b985ffb0d7129a4ea4fa095a9b018041440f787d11abb41cadce0fe97642824122a89d001785808ab2c8491.jpg&key=8dbc3a08066d755e48ee155c59d5037aebc48c0eacca9601f36a979467492295

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your pic? I feel like I’ve seen this before. If not your pic, do reverse google image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and the little guy went and checked cams today.  I have alot of pictures and bucks finally showed up.  Not unusual once the velvet comes off for that property.  Looks like i have atleast 3 bucks from the ears out.   Of coursr all the bigger bucks i have blurry pictures from the cheap multries.  Best camera working and picture wise is that $28 dollar one from walmart.    Alot of good sign,apples are still in the trees put in a couple mock scrapes.  Just need that first saturday or friday to get here. 

My son did find a turkey feather so that came home with us also.  

20190920_153855.jpg

• Like 5

I was in the woods the other day looking for the first rub and to check the distance on a spot i might hide in at the edge of a field for the early days. I walked slow and scanned the area and all of a sudden there was movement 20 yds from me on the ground. I look and thought it was a squirrel at first and it turned out i was half right. It was a Fisher that popped out behind a fallen log and it had a dead grey squirrel in its mouth. Pretty cool sight,only my 2nd Fisher in the woods.

• Like 4

I saw a giant fisher last year pretty cool he was on a dead sprint and took me a second to figure out what the hell he was. 

I was planning on driving up to my cabin Saturday night so I could hunt Sunday and Monday but as I sit at work I can feel myself getting sick, of course what great timing.