LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

5 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Not live from the woods but live from middle of oldforge last night and saw 5 more walking to get breakfast this am.  I would get frustrated hunting up there go into those big woods see nothing drive into town and all over the place.

62135.jpeg

62133.jpeg

62137.jpeg

Rented a cabin in Indian lake for a weekend of early muzzleloader.  Every morning and evening we had to walk by deer to go or come back from hunting. Saw one deer all weekend in the actual woods.  Walked within 25 yards of deer by the camps every day.

It’s all voluntary, it’s the reason I took the job, it’s really not bad at all knowing every day I work a 16 is a day off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t saying it’s a negative at all. 70-80 is better than guys doing 100 and no time off

• Like 1

Not live from the woods but live from middle of oldforge last night and saw 5 more walking to get breakfast this am.  I would get frustrated hunting up there go into those big woods see nothing drive into town and all over the place.
62135.thumb.jpeg.e6df03c9dd0dc870a9f26ffc7aabd94c.jpeg
62133.thumb.jpeg.0b91c1d50296de1429ad2c3baa592ac6.jpeg
62137.thumb.jpeg.9cb1c60954b1efbfd2db6c073634d6e0.jpeg

The numbers in town there are about 1/100th of what they were not that many years ago. Did they do a bait and shoot or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The numbers in town there are about 1/100th of what they were not that many years ago. Did they do a bait and shoot or something?

I know a lot of locals that shoot them during bow season. A lot of them dont see many deer during the season so they take one early for meat. At least thats what ive heard

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have no idea. i did an overnight trip there with my wife for our 10yr.   Ive heard they cracked down on people feeding them but thats all ive heard.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

I have no idea. i did an overnight trip there with my wife for our 10yr.   Ive heard they cracked down on people feeding them but thats all ive heard.

That could be why. On the ride from Old Forge to Inlet we would see literally 150-200 deer. The last time I was
There I saw maybe 3

19 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

We swap shifts, I worked 60 doubles this summer.

The only problem with that..... is that if they don't show up for you , you get the A.W.O.L.

At least that's how it was at D.C.F. when I was there.

The only problem with that..... is that if they don't show up for you , you get the A.W.O.L.
At least that's how it was at D.C.F. when I was there.

Yup, same way. Unless they had a very good excuse “I.e. dead” they would never be able to step foot in the prison again if they screwed someone on a swap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yup, same way. Unless they had a very good excuse “I.e. dead” they would never be able to step foot in the prison again if they screwed someone on a swap.

What facility do you work at ? Did you do your OJT at Downstate because if you did , our paths might have crossed.

Got two more spots picked out today for my brother and for myself one pinches down between a meadow and pond farthest shot maybe 20yards.  Ive seen them use this to cross the road to a corn field and back.  Saw 5 does do it during turkey season so they gave it away.  The other spots at the base of thick pines/locust thicket on a stream with apple orchard to the south.  Ones good for any north wind others good for any south wind.  Both setups are within 100yards of the road just 400yrds apart.  Im hoping to sit the pine setup next saturday night.

• Like 2

Could it be true do I win first harvest of the year?

Almost bailed on going to camp do to being sick, glad I didn't.

First buck in four years shot him at 6pm 20 yards broadside couldn't have asked for a better shot. I kinda rushed it he came from over my left shoulder and all I could see was his body which was very large. Saw how wide he was and went for it. I was up in my climber at 10:30 and saw nothing all day till he stepped out. He was feeding on some radishes and rye on a new no till plot I planted this year (ph was 4.3). He came from a extremely thick briar patch and he went right back to his bed to die which was only 40 yards away. Easy track job couldn't have been a better hunt. One sit one kill. Getting him into my wifes suv was a different story.

He was shot in between the two shady patches in the last picture. For me he is a trophy for sure. 5H Oneida County

IMG-20190929-WA0030.jpeg

IMG-20190929-WA0027.jpeg

IMG-20190929-WA0009.jpeg

• Like 35

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

First buck in four years shot him at 6pm 20 yards broadside couldn't have asked for a better shot. I kinda rushed it he came from over my left shoulder and all I could see was his body which was very large. Saw how wide he was and went for it. I was up in my climber at 10:30 and saw nothing all day till he stepped out. He was feeding on some radishes and rye on a new no till plot I planted this year (ph was 4.3). He came from a extremely thick briar patch and he went right back to his bed to die which was only 40 yards away. Easy track job couldn't have been a better hunt. One sit one kill. Getting him into my wifes suv was a different story.

He was shot in between the two shady patches in the last picture. For me he is a trophy for sure. 5H Oneida County

IMG-20190929-WA0030.jpeg

IMG-20190929-WA0027.jpeg

IMG-20190929-WA0009.jpeg

Ide say you are the first.  Congrats on a nice buck.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corydd7 said:

IMG-20190929-WA0030.jpeg

IMG-20190929-WA0027.jpeg

IMG-20190929-WA0009.jpeg

Wooohoo!!!First blood in the live from the woods thread and nice buck!!congrats:taunt:

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 2