LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just now, OtiscoPaul said:

Believe what you would like but nothing has been proven on either subject and again imsisting so with such aggressive certainty reveals your ignorance.

I kinda figured youd be a moon phase guy. It has been proven to be a myth with GPS studies. Im not being aggressive at all. Nor am I name calling. You are doing both though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I kinda figured youd be a moon phase guy. It has been proven to be a myth with GPS studies. Im not being aggressive at all. Nor am I name calling. You are doing both though.

I’ve seen the studies, thanks for the service 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

13 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Post all the videos you want, deer dont know what an arrow is, or what the sound a bow makes is. They hear something and instict tells them to run. They drop to load up their legs, like springs. Thats all it is.

10 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

What a statement of certainty, that’s always the first sign someone is clueless 

I’m not certain of anythinh other than if you shoot too far away at an alert deer, it notices something happened and hits the deck...

Effectively dodging your arrow

WNY is NOT wrong. The deer are not ducking the arrow like many believe. They don't see the arrow coming at them, instead they are reacting to the sound. The way a deer quickly gets away from something is by loading up the muscles in the legs to jump away. Humans do the same thing when we try to jump. We squat first and then jump. WNY explained it perfectly. This is infact proven in science of how muscles work

If anything you're being agressive in your lack of willingness to listen to someone who actually may know a thing or two 

Edited by ATbuckhunter
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

You fellas talking about the mobil on 443?  Sucks that the bridge in Renslearville is out, makes it take about 20 minutes longer to get over there from my stomping grounds.

Yup, the one in East Berne. Be happy to have ya join us if ya can! I got stuff to do at the farm, so will head out of the woods at 10:30 or so. Then go back in hopefully about 2 and sit till dark. So I should be there about 11am or so, for a cup of coffee and a quick bite to eat.

8 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

WNY is NOT wrong. The deer are not ducking the arrow like many believe. They don't see the arrow coming at them, instead they are reacting to the sound. The way a deer quickly gets away from something is by loading up the muscles in the legs to jump away. Humans do the same thing when we try to jump. We squat first and then jump. WNY explained it perfectly This is infact proven in science of how muscles work

If anything your being agressive in your lack of willingness to listen to someone who actually may know a thing or two 

No kidding, they don’t see the arrow?

ofcourse it’s that they hear something unknown and move causing poi to move making the long shot a low percentage ...semantics

thats why I mentioned a fact, speed of sound is 1000fps faster than the arrow

Same with moon phase it’s about hunters observing deer not gps tracking their every move

These concepts aren’t as simple as some folks are used to dealing with and aren’t easily solved with one or two studies

And I don’t take lessons from farm hunters

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Deer do not duck arrows. Hunters just dont shoot at the lower 1/3rd of the deer, and when they load up their legs to run, they shoot over their back or hit the back straps.
Well that's kind of like ducking. Maybe not the direct intent of ducking but works out in the end all the same

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

No kidding, they don’t see the arrow?

ofcourse it’s that they hear something unknown and move...semantics

thats why I mentioned a fact, speed of sound is 1000fps faster than the arrow

Same with moon phase it’s about hunters observing deer not gps tracking their every move

These things aren’t as simple as some of folks are used to dealing with 

Its slightly semantics, but it doesnt help when people actually think deer are ducking the arrow on purpose when they're really not. Theres nothing wrong about WNY posting the facts and educating those that may not know. Thats one of the things that makes this site so valuable 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Well that's kind of like ducking. Maybe not the direct intent of ducking but works out in the end all the same

I think at this point "dropping due to loading up leg muscles" can be referred to as "ducking the arrow".  It's easier to say and most of us understand whats going on.  If deer were smart enough to actively dodge an arrow coming in at 200 mph... we wouldn't have a chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Its slightly semantics, but it doesnt help when people actually think deer are ducking the arrow on purpose when they're really not. Theres nothing wrong about WNY posting the facts and educating those that may not know. Thats one of the things that makes this site so valuable 

It’s not a fact...Biz was being Biz, I teased him a little about long out west shots and then accidentally said the word duck (which is literally the action you described where it’s body goes lower).

Then I had to be corrected by the deer fact and language cop in a very certain way

no man of science claims to know the whole truth of any matter 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

I decided not to shoot at a deer at 52yds.  I am not telling anyone else how to hunt.  Each should make their own decision.  I just don't like the chance of wounding and hard tracking jobs without a deer at the end.  Had that happen a couple of times and try to learn from that.  But my post was not intended to tell others what they should or shouldn't do.  Carry on brethren.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Agreed that the same result happens, but continuing the myth that deer are actually ducking an arrow, doesnt help anyone out. Personally, I like to learn and understand why things happen rather than just accept that they happen.

1 minute ago, OtiscoPaul said:

It’s not a fact...Biz was being Biz, I teased him a little about long out west shots and then accidentally said the word duck (which is literally the action you described where it’s body goes lower.

Then I had to be corrected by the fact man in a very certain way, no man of science claims to know the whole truth of any matter 

You literally just admitted to deer not seeing the arrow and ducking to sound...thats literally all we've been saying. We're all agreeing on the same thing, just the wording of the action is tripping people up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATbuckhunter said:

You literally just admitted to deer not seeing the arrow and ducking to sound...thats literally all we've been saying. We're all agreeing on the same thing, just the wording of the action is tripping people up

I don't know, I had one deer catch my arrow with his hoof and throw it back at me. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Agreed that the same result happens, but continuing the myth that deer are actually ducking an arrow, doesnt help anyone out. Personally, I like to learn and understand why things happen rather than just accept that they happen.

Again implying what, your passive aggressive shit is so annoykng

1 minute ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Bingo, I accidentally said duck when I obviously (as most do) just meant the deer hears and moves.

Then I get assaulted by “I’m not shitting on you but you are retarded” - WNY

1 minute ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Again implying what, your passive aggressive shit is so annoykng

Bingo, I accidentally said duck when I obviously (as most do) just meant the deer hears and moves.

Then I get assaulted by “I’m not shitting on you but you are retarded” - WNY

LMAO, you are something else.

Try to tone the language down, or you can go sit in the corner for a couple of weeks.