LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

what is a doe?

a doe?, a deer, a female deer
(Re!) ray, a drop of golden sun
(Mi!) me, a name I call myself
(Fa!) far, a long, long way to run
(So!) sew, a needle pulling thread
(La!) la, a note to follow so
(Ti!) tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do oh oh oh

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Every situation has to be evaluated and a decision has to be made by the shooter. My longest shot was a ranged 43 yards , deer was feeding on a bush broadside relaxed. I watched this deer for a bit and wasn’t going to shoot , but I thought about it and I had been shooting a ton that year and knew I could make the shot. 

So I pulled my range finder out ranged the deer, put my range finder back, picked my bow up off the hook , connected my release, drew settled into the shot , relaxed and made a perfect shot as if I was shooting in my back yard. Deer never knew what hit him. 

On one off my shortest shots easily a 10-12 yard shot I missed . I had heard this deer coming in from a distance and had my bow and myself ready . she stopped in front of my ladder and as I bent at my waist for that low heart shot, she saw me move , I was on her heart low and I released . She reacted and my arrow stuck in the dirt . between her reflexes  and me rushing the shot it didn’t work out. 

Every hunt is always different, we learn and make adjustments as we go. A man has to know his limitations.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What's worse though:

A. deer standing broadside at 25 yards, but looking straight at you and clearly alert.

B. deer standing broadside at 50 yards, but head down eating and no clue you are there

Both are bad but I'd say the bottom one is worse. The number of bow hunters who can even consistently hit a pie plate at 30 yards is surprisingly low and consistently hitting vitals at 50 is beyond the ability of even more of them!

1 minute ago, Core said:

Both are bad but I'd say the bottom one is worse. The number of bow hunters who can even consistently hit a pie plate at 30 yards is surprisingly low and consistently hitting vitals at 50 is beyond the ability of even more of them!

The choices were assuming the hunter proficient at both distances. not someone who just took a bow off the rack for the first time.

• Like 2

I also got excited when there were three more pages on this thread than the last time i checked. Imagine my disappointment...Someone needs to shoot a deer,and i will try when/if the rain stops.

People tend to get a little anxious when there is just chit chat on the live from the woods forum.

• Like 3

Damn that was a lot of reading to catch up from just this morning.....and nothing exciting to read either!

Why does anyone care who shoots what at what range? There’s always someone who’s a better shot than you, get over it. Ive taken shots on animals out to 88 yards. I sure as hell don’t care if the next guy wouldn’t do it, but I sure don’t think anyone needs a lecture or spanking over shot ranges. So dumb.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

a doe?, a deer, a female deer
(Re!) ray, a drop of golden sun
(Mi!) me, a name I call myself
(Fa!) far, a long, long way to run
(So!) sew, a needle pulling thread
(La!) la, a note to follow so
(Ti!) tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do oh oh oh

Dam song now stuck in my head for the rest of the day.   Thanks. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Damn that was a lot of reading to catch up from just this morning.....and nothing exciting to read either!

Why does anyone care who shoots what at what range? There’s always someone who’s a better shot than you, get over it. Ive taken shots on animals out to 88 yards. I sure as hell don’t care if the next guy wouldn’t do it, but I sure don’t think anyone needs a lecture or spanking over shot ranges. So dumb.

awesome!