LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

16 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m heading home. Will come
Back this afternoon in hopes of that 4x2 buck or try Stateland. I’m undecided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 4 x 2 will be waiting for you this afternoon. There......decision made!

• Like 1

Got to my spot in the draw in the dark and stayed until it got light out. Then i wanted to move just a little to get a better vantage point and crept out of there and a deer i not 20 yds from me in the goldenrods. It bounded off a little ways,no snorting. Not sure if it saw movement or got a whiff of me. Then another doe comes towards me and i just have a little bush between us. She came to 15 yds and kept winding me i think,darn wind swirled some. She turned around and the older doe came over to check me out. She also came to about 15 yds,but neither of them stepped to the side of the bush,so no shot.  She also had enough after a bit and they took off,again not blowing or snorting. That sure got the heart rate up. At least i am seeing deer. Acorns everywhere,and so are beechnuts. The deer have a shit ton of stuff to eat this year.

• Like 1

Sounds like mid day might be the key for you

That was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen bow hunting. I've never seen one in the wild with my own eyes before that was super exciting seeing it run across from one woods across the driveway into the woods I'm sitting with my back against

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen bow hunting. I've never seen one in the wild with my own eyes before that was super exciting seeing it run across from one woods across the driveway into the woods I'm sitting with my back against

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bobcat isn’t open yet is it? Could have lip Squeaked at him

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Anybody try rattling yet ?

May give it a shot if sneak out for afternoon hunt.that scrape line(page 38,post of mine) runs along creek on our property.other side of creek is some really thick crap(neighbors property) i know they hold up in.maybe someone will get curious:taunt:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m thinking the opposite. Odds are slim 2 nights in a row so try Stateland

State land the first Friday afternoon of the season (...and the forecast is good)..   not for me!!

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m thinking the opposite. Odds are slim 2 nights in a row so try Stateland

Ahhh....the old I zig, the deer zag game!  I play it too!  And much too often!  Best of luck wherever ya go Biz!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Final count 18 deer ( ok six were far off ) , hand full of turkey ,one Fox .  Not bad for wearing street clothes under my camo , no scent loc , sprays ,special soaps , or magic beans .

34B98187-07C8-453F-95CA-D48756BC9327.jpeg

That stuff don't matter when your hunting in a zoo!!

lol jk nice sit! 

• Like 1

Confirmed this is the one that I passed up at 15 yards this morning. Can't miss the spot below his eye. I've been getting pics of him pretty regularly, but wasn't sure if I was going to give him a pass. 
IMG-0071-2.jpg&key=b2ada10d3870859d34c1cdd556b8111a72505eec0a2408c6f6e9ddb7b5f38268

Wow

I got down from the stand at 10:30 . I hadn't dressed warm enough and was quite cold . Had the wind in my face all morning . The doe and her fawns were less than 15 yards from me and never looked up . Maybe I will see about shooting the Mama in a couple weeks but I was holding out for a buck . All I saw was the 3 deer . I am taking hand warmers tomorrow !