LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Covered in deer all morning in 5H...nephew passed a wide 6....at 9:30 at huge doe worked through a turnip field to me...stopped her at 22...released...and my arrow explodes. Blew pieces all over the place...then my left hand/wrists goes numb and burning...thought it was broken. Must be a big piece of  arrow got through and cut my wrist snd badly bruised the pad and left thumb joint. Scared the death out of me. Took 5 minutes to get my glove off it hurt so bad.  Shooting Fire and Ice arrows (expensive bastards) which are a woven carbon arrow. Have shot them for 3 years.  Now I am gun-shy to ever shoot them again. Kind of gun shy to shoot sn arrow again right now. The sound of the arrow pieces blowing into the trees was freaky. 

That’s my biggest fear. I flex my arrows everytime before nocking. I would never re use an arrow or broadhead that has passed through an animal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Waiting for a black squirrel to come to the open then I'll swap arrows and take a crack. Hopefully deer come first. Maybe I'll be able to double. Deer ND 1 black squirrel for my collection

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

judo points work great    arrow will bounce about 3-4 feet

Hope he finds it. Yeah I would go before dark and glass and hope I spot it and if still alive make a play on it for another shot. Yotes are bad around here. If shot I the evening I would def wait overnight, no other choice. 
Good luck Don. Hope to see you with it in a pic

Im heading in now to carefully expand the search. If no luck my boys and I will search the entire area in the morning. 41 years of bowhunting and this has only happened to me once before. I found that one the next days so Im trying to remain hopeful.

• Like 4

Son and I are out, I put him in a stand near me. I walked him over and made sure he was in them walked to my stand. No sooner did I climb up my tree he sends me a pic of a doe. I have oaks in front and food plot behind!

KIMG1502.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Ok no worries man. Sometimes we get some bad apples and I’m glad that’s not the case

Far from that. Been on the forum for many years and respect everyone , and their opinions and would never laugh at anyone for shooting anything 

• Like 1