LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Good lesson.  She was only 13yds crossing trail. Shot her while slightly quartering away walking and shot landed several inches back of what I expected.   Still crashed in 50-70yds but won’t do that again.  Bigger than I thought.  Done till next sat.  

D00F6533-576C-4FCC-802D-7A5B45ACC1E6.jpeg

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Good lesson.  She was only 13yds crossing trail. Shot her while slightly quartering away walking and shot landed several inches back of what I expected.   Still crashed in 50-70yds but won’t do that again.  Bigger than I thought.  Done till next sat.  

Either way congrats!!!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Compound or recurve? Either way, congratulations my friend! She's a chunky doe!

Saw a total of 11 deer today . Nothing with antlers . Spooked 3 deer out of laneway while heading for my stand . It was a bit nippy out . I expected deer to be coming from the field to me but a mama and her 2 fawns were in the thick stuff . None of them seemed to be aware of me except a doe fawn looked up and went back to eating leaves . The mama stayed in the thick crap and was about 10 yards away . The two fawns came into the open area and one of them was at the bottom of my ladder stand eating leaves where I had peed earlier . She then went between the ladder and a small tree and she bumped the ladder . It was pretty neat . They all headed north . I moved to a different stand and saw another 5 deer between #:30 and 6:20 . 

When I loaded my ATV last night I noticed the front right tire was soft . Filled it up and it looked okay this am . When I finished hunting , I loaded the ATV back on the trailer . When I cinched the ratchet strap for the right front I noticed the tire was soft again . Checked it out when I got home . Looks like a piece of barb wire in the tire . Will have to get it fixed Monday . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cdbing said:

Thanks for all the likes on the little buck I got earlier. Posted a short write up in the harvest thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Real nice buck and write up!  Congratulations to ya!

Rob, Cosanzas, where I’ve been going for 25 years  five minutes from my house , is open for game products as always during hunting seasons .  Sometimes the website seems a bit off and adds to confusion .

They’re always doing deer products during and just after the seasons .

Edited by Nomad

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

Arriving at Gman’s now.  Saw a crap ton of deer on the way here.  LFG ! Sitting in a good stand per his recommendation as had good action lately. Good luck everyone. Aim small miss small    49 degrees. 14 mph south wind 

I'll look for your headlamp in the distance

• Like 4