LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

So on stand at the farm I saw 2 doe I posted a picture of. Fast forward to dark i went to the actual farm/parents house. Pull in and there's deer in the every yard around the house side, front, and back! Dont think you could throw a baseball into the darkness without coming close to hitting one. I stopped counting at 18 or 20. Couldnt get them all in a picture. This was just the small field right next to the house. Was backing up to the cellar door to load up some stuff. Field was seeded in winter rye. Apple trees in the backyard. Lol
0673d9c6bfd3a9ded37d7c018c142c6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I went out for a recon mission and to mark a few trees to climb into in the dark in the a.m. I saw a doe about 30yds from me munching on acorns. I stopped and crouched and duck walked to the nearest tree. She kept on feeding and eventually entered the hay feld on my left. She then cut towards me,slowly walking by at 28 yds..I was still crouched,and one branch was in my way. I drew back and considered my options. Standing up would take too long and she would bust me. I tried to time the branches movement in the wind,but didn't feel like it was out of my arrows path. I was waiting for her to move 5 more yds,then a tree would have given me cover and i could have stood. Just then the wind swirled and game was over. First time i drew back this season,great. I have had a lot of action so far.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, outdoorstom said:

Do you know who’s coming?

It was a gentleman from Fredonia. I do not remember his name, he had a small chocolate lab mix...I would guess. Really great guys, his son and young grandson also joined us. They worked hard to try to make it happen, but we did not have success. The grandson was a real trooper, that little guy tromped through the woods for hours without a single complaint and had more energy than me!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Anybody out there ? 

Next three days, one morning then two afternoon sits ,if needed . First decent buck gets it, I’m not doing this hunt hard all season for one of the best ones around . I’d like nothing better then to drop one tomorrow and stay away till opening day of gun .

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

YAWN ...... Nobody hunting........Insert crickets here

It’s raining today and great weather the next four !

Check that the next nine days look pretty good !

Edited by Nomad

Ill be in the woods this afternoon. Cutting out of work early. Out of the last 4 days, one of my target bucks has been in the food plot 3 evenings. Last evening I couldnt hunt, and both of my target bucks were fighting 25 yards from my tower stand. If they show up tonight, one of them is in trouble.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Ill be in the woods this afternoon. Cutting out of work early. Out of the last 4 days, one of my target bucks has been in the food plot 3 evenings. Last evening I couldnt hunt, and both of my target bucks were fighting 25 yards from my tower stand. If they show up tonight, one of them is in trouble.

I'll be waiting for your call...

• Like 2