LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

46 and dead calm .In a new stand in the back of hardwoods already depressed , nothing in field on walk in and nothing in woods . Heavy canopy.

Edit . Small single deer milling about at 40 yards .

Edited by Nomad

Throw bow in car and can’t find release. I remember throwing it in there at Gman’s but can’t find it. SOB. It’s in there but where ? I call sodfather as only 5 houses away to borrow one. Treeguy on way to spot. No body answers    Daughter babysits for SF so I have her call his wife to ask him. Minute later he meets me at end of his driveway.    Lone doe crossed little ridge at just before legal. Doe n 3 fawns at 27 but no shot on her as they went down small ridge. 5 big doe and 4 fawns just came in to 15 but so many eyes and I’m sitting naked on 6 foot platform I was afraid to move. Finally have shot and draw but fawn directly behind her.  I let off and one boots taking the rest with her.  Tails everywhere. Oh well , from no release to covered in deer.  

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Throw bow in car and can’t find release. I remember throwing it in there at Gman’s but can’t find it. SOB. It’s in there but where ? I call sodfather as only 5 houses away to borrow one. Treeguy on way to spot. No body answers    Daughter babysits for SF so I have her call his wife to ask him. Minute later he meets me at end of his driveway.    Lone doe crossed little ridge at just before legal. Doe n 3 fawns at 27 but no shot on her as they went down small ridge. 5 big doe and 4 fawns just came in to 15 but so many eyes and I’m sitting naked on 6 foot platform I was afraid to move. Finally have shot and draw but fawn directly behind her.  I let off and one boots taking the rest with her.  Tails everywhere. Oh well , from no release to covered in deer.  

I always strap my release to bow.  Worked well for me. 

• Like 14

38 minutes ago, bartman9 said:

Some pics from last nighte902f824bc4e37f8afee8cb22b1a2f61.jpg575c674b4f878f6c7f6bd5b58bdb1bac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh @*#&, you took those? Absolutely nuts. That one with the deer is beautiful.

I'm out tonight, grabbing daughter right after school. Spectacular fall weather for a sit today!

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That sucks. I've heard of guys forgetting them. I never have and don't think I ever could because when I pack my bow in the case I wrap the release around the stabilizer every time, then when I take it out it's first thing on my wrist. Keep them mated up and hopefully it won't happen again ;)

Edited by Core

21 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I like your style.  No release?  Why not get naked on a 6' platform?  Kidding.  Congrats on your first bowkill by the way.  Good luck out there!

That sucks. I've heard of guys forgetting them. I never have and don't think I ever could because when I pack my bow in the case I wrap the release around the stabilizer every time, then when I take it out it's first thing on my wrist. Keep them mated up and hopefully it won't happen again

Same I hang mine from stabilizer when both sits at home on ground. They 3 things j always check when packing and unpacking truck is bow, quiver, release. Anything else can be forgotten and be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve never forgotten my release, but I have forgotten my stabilizer before. I have a quick disconnect so that my bow fits in my SKB case. A mile in on the backside of a swamp and in the tree and I realized it wasn’t on the bow. Good times, I let 3 does walk that evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core said:

Oh @*#&, you took those? Absolutely nuts. That one with the deer is beautiful.

I'm out tonight, grabbing daughter right after school. Spectacular fall weather for a sit today!

Yeah, I took them... but really just got lucky.  I have no skills.  Just took a snapshot with my iPhone.

• Like 1

I have never forgotten my release,but one time i took some layers off while still hunting and also took the release off,guess what happened?. That's right,i kept on still hunting for a bit and then realized I left the release where i took my sweater off. Had to back track and try to find the exact spot i did that. Of course the release has a camo pattern. I looked for close to 1/2 hr but finally found it. Have you ever tried to find the exact spot you walked through 200 yds back? I got lucky...

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

I have never forgotten my release,but one time i took some layers off while still hunting and also took the release off,guess what happened?. That's right,i kept on still hunting for a bit and then realized I left the release where i took my sweater off. Had to back track and try to find the exact spot i did that. Of course the release has a camo pattern. I looked for close to 1/2 hr but finally found it. Have you ever tried to find the exact spot you walked through 200 yds back? I got lucky...

I haven't forgotten my release but I did for get to put it on Sunday morning. I was watching a doe work her way around me and when she got to where I was watching her through my bow hanging I noticed my release was hanging on my bow....doh…..Glad it wasn't a shooter buck...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Tapped out. 7 doe 7 fawn. Could have shot one doe but pass though no go as fawn directly broad side of her on Exit side. Picked out a tree or two for my climber next East wind   Climber will be $ there 

you don't have a doe costume you can use?

• Haha 2