LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Fricken chipmunk tried to climb the blind and scared the crap out of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That happens to me all the time. I haven’t stomped one yet, but have been tempted. The other day the same one came in 7 times!

Was just covered in deer for the past 40 min.
Multiple fawns 3 does a 5 and 6 pt. Waited forever for one of the mature does to give me a shot and I flat out wiffed. Thought the shot was 25 turned out to be 32 I missed low. Got out of the blind to look for the arrow. With fading light I wanted to be sure. Sure enough the arrow is clean as a whistle. Still had a blast

• Like 10

3 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

The lesson IS.....  Never get a short bed.

Ha , ya I get that . Never had a truck in 44 years of driving and hunting , just got it to pull a camper , and toss a deer in back , which turns out to be much harder then a hitch hauler or mini van .

Was just covered in deer for the past 40 min.
Multiple fawns 3 does a 5 and 6 pt. Waited forever for one of the mature does to give me a shot and I flat out wiffed. Thought the shot was 25 turned out to be 32 I missed low. Got out of the blind to look for the arrow. With fading light I wanted to be sure. Sure enough the arrow is clean as a whistle. Still had a blast

You hunting woods or a food plot? Sounds like great action

You hunting woods or a food plot? Sounds like great action

Pretty decent sized murder plot in the woods with another 75 yard by 5 yard plot behind me

• Like 1

What do you grow?

Ladino clover daikon radish and winter rye, the raddish was crap this year. Basically throw and grow but with a boss hog disk behind the atv

• Like 1

So I seen 4 doe but nothing in range that I wanted to take but my nephew took a shot at a doe which he estimated at 35 yrds but once we ranged it out was about 47 yrds. He heard the arrows impact but could not tell exactly where he hit it but I'm thinking with the yardage being off probably low. After the shot, the deer ran about 50 yrds, stopped in the field, wobbled around then fell but then lifted her head up and began to look around. At Last light he could still see the deer lying in the field but looking around so for fear of pushing it we backed out. He's going back tonight with one of our hunting buddies around 11 with a wheeler to check the scene. Hoping we did the right thing and they find it. Wish I didn't have to be up at 4am tomorrow morning for work so I could have made the trip back out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

No pics, had to get to work in a rush, his double lung doe went fricken 300 yards with a blood trail a blind man could follow. Mine was a. High hit and I had to finish her off unfortunately. Both are dried up and had no fawns, very large does. 

Damn,now you are on the board. That means my window for achieving my goal this season is closing slowly...I wanted to get a deer before @Hock3y24 gets 5.

Well,i can use the challenge,and congrats on your doe,even though it wasn't as smooth as usual. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Damn,now you are on the board. That means my window for achieving my goal this season is closing slowly...I wanted to get a deer before @Hock3y24 gets 5.

Well,i can use the challenge,and congrats on your doe,even though it wasn't as smooth as usual. 

you got a shot, i'm taking a youth hunting this weekend, but then going on serious doe patrol in PA as i have 3 doe tags there. 

Just now, Hock3y24 said:

you got a shot, i'm taking a youth hunting this weekend, but then going on serious doe patrol in PA as i have 3 doe tags there. 

i plan on getting one down,every time i have been out i am getting closer to pulling the trigger. Drew back the first time last sunday,and going out tomorrow afternoon. You are a good hunter to emulate,but notice i am not offering going one for one with you. 4F where i hunt is pretty good as far as deer population goes,but not quite like your spots. Anyway,i want some deer in the freezer and not one wounded deer this year,so i am only shooting when i am 100% sure of the outcome.

Best of luck to you!

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

i plan on getting one down,every time i have been out i am getting closer to pulling the trigger. Drew back the first time last sunday,and going out tomorrow afternoon. You are a good hunter to emulate,but notice i am not offering going one for one with you. 4F where i hunt is pretty good as far as deer population goes,but not quite like your spots. Anyway,i want some deer in the freezer and not one wounded deer this year,so i am only shooting when i am 100% sure of the outcome.

Best of luck to you!

I wouldn't ever shoot more than i plan to use or donate.  This year i could have shot about 15 so far but have been relaxing and being  a bit more patient not to blow my spots up before youth season, after that arrows will fly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

So I seen 4 doe but nothing in range that I wanted to take but my nephew took a shot at a doe which he estimated at 35 yrds but once we ranged it out was about 47 yrds. He heard the arrows impact but could not tell exactly where he hit it but I'm thinking with the yardage being off probably low. After the shot, the deer ran about 50 yrds, stopped in the field, wobbled around then fell but then lifted her head up and began to look around. At Last light he could still see the deer lying in the field but looking around so for fear of pushing it we backed out. He's going back tonight with one of our hunting buddies around 11 with a wheeler to check the scene. Hoping we did the right thing and they find it. Wish I didn't have to be up at 4am tomorrow morning for work so I could have made the trip back out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Let us know on updates!hopefully he got her!!

• Like 2