LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Im in..3s..52 8mph winds now. Hoping to get a lady to swing by before the wind picks up to the high teens and the rain arrives

fab75afa886a3817c902c9833af7ea8c.jpg
Fireball deployed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow must be nice having that NYC working life lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You on your lunch break already? Closing time in a few hours , no?
Mazel tov to my Jewish brothers observing Yom Kippur today and i thank you for pushing YK and RH to the hunting season!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sodfather said:

im pretty sure the SENY office hours are 10-5 cause they eat dinner at 9 at night and in WNY are 7-2 and they eat dinner at 4:30 .  Ive got your feeding times patterned .  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

im pretty sure the SENY office hours are 10-5 cause they eat dinner at 9 at night and in WNY are 7-2 and they eat dinner at 4:30 .  Ive got your feeding times patterned .  

Office hours maybe, but most are working from phone way before and after those hours

40 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

You guys make me want to bow hunt !  Maybe next year for now I will watch and listen to you and sit in the woods and pretend lolol

Disclaimer: you’ll become addicted and spend an obnoxious amount of $ on archery hunting stuff.

• Like 5

You guys make me want to bow hunt !  Maybe next year for now I will watch and listen to you and sit in the woods and pretend lolol

Take the plunge. You will not regret it. You get to hunt earlier than the gun hunters and for more days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Do it!!! I am not sure if this is my 5th or 6th season but I wish I started way earlier. I am now disappointed when guns season starts. Better late than never I guess....

• Like 1

No shots last night. Saw three deer in distance an hour out and a few min three more came close but despite drawing I couldn't quite get a great shot.

Left stand a few min before sunset because it gets dark with the leaves. Hoping that the guy who's property I'm at would possibly have some deer grazing his back yard I saw them there. Using heavy brush I managed to sneak up within about 10 yards of getting around a thick bush to identify a shot (the deer were just on the other side of it). I was dead quiet and they didn't see me I don't think. Must have winded me, and blew just before I could start walking around. i was happy to manage to get that close to deer with them noticing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

Gearing up for the Pine Bush in 4J. Doe Patrol, and some scouting.

Might bounce around, and head up to 4H, or back to 4L later.

Good luck to all out and to Cynthia, as she catches the bug... Don’t resist it. Ha.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Great pine bush bucks on cam... just haven't seen any yet. Good luck today. I'll be out later.

• Like 1

Great pine bush bucks on cam... just haven't seen any yet. Good luck today. I'll be out later.

Banner year for chipmunks down here. Glad they’re now fighting with each other instead of worrying about the guy in a tree...

Maybe we’ll cross paths, or maybe I’ll walk in front of your camera. If I see it, you’ll know me by the peace sign. Ha. A fella from the forum sent me a photo of me last year doing the same.

Have yet to see a deer, but an attractive woman wished me luck on the way in. I’ll take it...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Went out this morning before work... Saw 3 spikes and a 2 year old 6\7 pointer.... They came in and hung around after i did a couple rattling sequences. Then they all did some light sparring. The neighborhood does did not particularly like my rattling however lol

• Like 1

Car is still in the lot if you want to snap a creepy pic! Or swing by and say hello!

Come on how can those woods even look familiar to anyone from that pic you posted. That could be almost anywhere on my 25 acres and I couldn’t be sure. Don’t even humor him lol

4 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

I'd start with Crossbow, and if you like, take the full plunge!  Still have to take the bow course I think?  You can get into crossbow for about 400 to 600$ less.