LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

28 minutes ago, Chef said:

Come on how can those woods even look familiar to anyone from that pic you posted. That could be almost anywhere on my 25 acres and I couldn’t be sure. Don’t even humor him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he told me  the general area he hunts and I have been to all of them   and there are only so many spots like that in Westchester . This is not the catskills you know .

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

walleye bite is hot right now though.....and hunting has been slow.  Have never shot a deer earlier than 10/12.  

What are you waiting for? This could be the year.

I just moved a ladder stand to a field edge where.my buddy has seen a big eight entering a few nights in a row. I always wanted to put a stand down there and now there is one tucked nicely into the branches of a big pine tree. I was hurrying or would have snapped some pics. That will be a killer stand,literally i hope.

23 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'd start with Crossbow, and if you like, take the full plunge!  Still have to take the bow course I think?  You can get into crossbow for about 400 to 600$ less.

I picked up a new crossbow on ebay with bolts and quiver for $165 shipped.  Killed a doe just fine last year.  Only 325fps rated but does it really matter.  Works well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Come on how can those woods even look familiar to anyone from that pic you posted. That could be almost anywhere on my 25 acres and I couldn’t be sure. Don’t even humor him lol

He’s trolling as usual
Figured this would help him first

747d2b56664e631e66b8a07c7fb3e659.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

Because he told me  the general area he hunts and I have been to all of them   and there are only so many spots like that in Westchester . This is not the catskills you know .

his pic could be anywhere in westchester. they all can look the same when the picture is of trees. He didn't post a unique rock outcropping or something

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

You guys make me want to bow hunt !  Maybe next year for now I will watch and listen to you and sit in the woods and pretend lolol

I can't imagine waiting until gun seasons to start hunting. You only get like 30 minutes of good hunting anyway then the deer go nocturnal!

At least get yourself an inexpensive crossbow and start earlier in November.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Core said:

I can't imagine waiting until gun seasons to start hunting. You only get like 30 minutes of good hunting anyway then the deer go nocturnal!

At least get yourself an inexpensive crossbow and start earlier in November.

x2   this is my 2nd year of archery and I've see more deer in those 2 years than a whole bunch of gun seasons combined. once that first pumpkin shoots on the first day good luck seeing many deer after that

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Just a couple weeks ago you were asking where the best spots are because there’s no good spots near you?

Sent from my iPhone 

There is not Westchester is bow only Putnam is shotgun they don't count 

I was asking about rifle zones 

That's what I ment when I said no place near me .

Edited by Hunter007

Good to get back on this thread again and see all the repeat posters! I’m out for my third hunt of the year sitting on the edge of a bean field. Not a great set up but didn’t have any stands here and there’s been a couple mature bucks hitting this field each night, including a beautiful ten pointer. Feels like a good night, good luck to all you other hunters out in the woods!

fec3e39d7f9d10d021c4d5661226b4a9.jpg

e9efd5421e738e6d96de0dc00901b69f.jpg

• Like 15