LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Checked a cam on my way in this morning. Had a nice one come by the stand at 9:15 yesterday morning. Hoping for a repeat apearance this morning!

497e6b5190a18098f55b1b93393fff6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have you seen the albino from the stand.  That is cool.

16 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I've had 2 bucks come by this morning. One nice one, but he either had a broken off drivers side or just had a spike on that side.

We'll have to see if the pics post ok....

1505c6d54d71c6e518d0e73724c5df80.jpg9e55e6590abd4cbbac19b7a840d5ff93.jpg

sweet buck, too bad broken.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Hi everybody! Been following this since page 6. Feels like I know some of you by now lol. Finally granted access and am here to represent Long Island (1C). Stuck at my desk wishing I was in the woods!! Only got out once so far. Be back at it Saturday morning. Can't wait!

welcome! I'll be in Great Neck tomorrow for a wedding, do you have a spot for me to hunt?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not sure it’s broken , it’s thinner and looks to go straight up .

Also with all these albino, piebald , and brindle does walking around , I’ll have to find my antlerless tags and toss one in my pack .

Ive already changed where I’m sitting tonight too lol .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Not yet. He's probably the buck I've gotten the most pics of in the past 6 weeks though. Not an albino. Genes came from the Seneca Army Depot at some point... Black eyes. When I checked my cam last week, he was walking by at 1:00pm and I got to the stand at 2:30pm. One of these days, I'll lay eyes on him! LOL He's usually with pretty good company, so seeing that white figure will help tip me off! (So I can put the coffee down anyways!)

• Like 4

What a morning! I had a small six come in and eat some apples then walk out right by me. Then that nice 8 and nice 6 were in the same apple tree sparring and eating apples and I can’t get an arrow in there to save my life! It’s 25 yards max but super thick. While they’re in there a spike or 4 comes in and locks up ten yards from my tree, he finally walks into the apples with the other two and all three walk out the back side and out of my life. I saw a big troop of does later, out of range. Got me a selfie with the 6 3821e25da00fa442fac84f0563a31e2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 22

Finally saw some does today (at my doe first spot).  Had 4 of them walking in towards me from 100 yards out.  Problem was they never stopped to graze.  They just trucked along without stoping.  I decided to take a chance with the last one in the line and pulled back my bow, but she saw me and jumped into the woods.  I find ground hunting more enjoyable, but it sure has its challenges.  Every single little movement must be calculated.  Getting better every mistake though.  

• Like 5

Made it out for a morning sit. 40 degrees and a little foggy. Had a basket rack come out of the corn @ 35 yds. right front of me on the way in and saw two others in the field that I couldn't make out what they were. In about 1/2 hr. the fog rolled in big time but was all gone by 8:00. Got down and walked a little bit and found a small scrape and a fresh decent size rub  just inside the woods.. Great morning to be out:D

IMG_20191010_071722[1].jpg

IMG_20191010_072634[1].jpg

IMG_20191010_072543_10CS[1].jpg

IMG_20191010_074109[1].jpg

IMG_20191010_084521[1].jpg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Made it out for a morning sit. 40 degrees and a little foggy. Had a basket rack come out of the corn @ 35 yds. right front of me on the way in and saw two others in the field that I couldn't make out what they were. In about 1/2 hr. the fog rolled in big time but was all gone by 8:00. Got down and walked a little bit and found a small scrape and a fresh decent size rub  just inside the woods.. Great morning to be out:D

IMG_20191010_084521[1].jpg

Nice rub

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

doh'

is there anything worse than making fun of someone and screwing it up too? lol

You went back and corrected it....At least I left mine so those that noticed got a chuckle....I didn't even realize I did that until someone posted a response to it.