LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Stand worked.  Passed a pretty nice 8 past ears at 17yds.  Didn’t have much mass but a nice buck.  If it were the last day of bow I would have let an arrow fly but plenty of season left.   

Didn’t recognize him either.   

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 6

Stand worked.  Passed a pretty nice 8 past ears at 17yds.  Didn’t have much mass but a nice buck.  If it were the last day of bow I would have let an arrow fly but plenty of season left.   
Didn’t recognize him either.   

Put him on the next eastbound train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Had a great sit tonight!  Had 10 different deer in the field at one time, 6 bucks, 1 was a 6, another 7, and a nice 8 pointer.  Also had a spike and two 4’s!  The smaller deer were lightly sparring. One of the 4’s went up to the 7 and started to try it with him, but he just walked off.  None came in within my 20 yard limit, but was quite a show for over an hour.   Also watched the 7 Pointer tend a licking branch and freshen the scrape.  The 8 pointer did come under my stand and offered nice shots, but it was almost 7pm, well after legal shooting time.    Really pumped me up now!  

Edited by Otto
  • Like 13

Had a great sit tonight!  Had 10 different deer in the field at one time, 6 bucks, 1 was a 6, another 7, and a nice 8 pointer.  Also had a spike and two 4’s!  The smaller deer were lightly sparring. One of the 4’s went up to the 7 and started to try it with him, but he just walked off.  None came in within my 20 yard limit, but was quite a show for over an hour.   Also watched the 7 Pointer tend a licking branch and freshen the scrape.  The 8 pointer did come under my stand and offered nice shots, but it was almost 7pm, well after legal shooting time.    Really pumped me up now!  

If it’s light enough to see it’s light enough for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I’ve been pretty much offline for a week or two, but wanted to say congrats to all the successful hunters from the harvest thread. Been crazy at work, and I haven’t been out yet. Watching this thread to get my deer hunting fix. Go get ‘em!

Good to hear from you and the best is yet to come as others have been saying.i see a bruiser in your near future,good luck this season!:)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

43 deg,clear sky,SE wind @ 5mph.up having coffee n heading to property around 5. I could really get used to these 3 day weekends haha!

Yessir, beautiful morning for this. Drinking my first of many coffees right now. Great weather for a sit today.

This 8 has been hanging around my stand for the past week hitting the acorns. I had decided to pass on him as he’s probably 3.5 and there are 2 of his older brothers in the area. I might have to rethink my decision, but he will be a stud if he goes another year. He did have a matching set of brows with hooks on the tips before he broke his right one off  C12605E3-D294-4D34-95F8-9C1EB487CE6A.jpeg.090f95a9d08cb8d0fda478d2451aef59.jpeg

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 9