LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

35 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

This 8 has been hanging around my stand for the past week hitting the acorns. I had decided to pass on him as he’s probably 3.5 and there are 2 of his older brothers in the area. I might have to rethink my decision, but he will be a stud if he goes another year. He did have a matching set of brows with hooks on the tips before he broke his right one off  C12605E3-D294-4D34-95F8-9C1EB487CE6A.jpeg.090f95a9d08cb8d0fda478d2451aef59.jpeg

That little hook on brow is cool, I love big 8’s 

• Like 3

Saw 2 pockets of Doe on the way in along the parkway. Also saw a bruiser.. looked like a tall 8.. probably 12 g2's.. then nearly ran over a fawn.. all before I parked. Busted 2 groups on my mile walk in. Settled into stand by 630. At 7 I had a group of 3 Doe feeding on acorns to my right at 75 yds. Then the neighbor started his tractor and I watched 4 or 5 pockets of deer all along the field edge go on alert and run for cover. Maybe 15 deer total. Great morning to be out.

• Like 3

It's dead out here! Kind of expected it though. I never see squat a few days before or after a full moon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me too so far, though I saw a bunch on drive in, but Woods are dead so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, NonTypical said:

This 8 has been hanging around my stand for the past week hitting the acorns. I had decided to pass on him as he’s probably 3.5 and there are 2 of his older brothers in the area. I might have to rethink my decision, but he will be a stud if he goes another year. He did have a matching set of brows with hooks on the tips before he broke his right one off  C12605E3-D294-4D34-95F8-9C1EB487CE6A.jpeg.090f95a9d08cb8d0fda478d2451aef59.jpeg

That would be a tough pass for me.  But he will be an absolute stud in one more season.

• Like 1