LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

First sit in the new plot stand!! Looks like my mock scrape has had some action so I can't wait to check the cam later. Plot looks good yet heavily browsed at the same time if that makes any sense. Not feeling well so it's gonna take a big deer to get me going. This was the stand I fell from moving it to this tree, so I hope it brings me better luck.

KIMG1508.JPG

Edited by zag
  • Like 4

Somehow I’m not hungover from a wedding last night, so I’m hunting!

3N - got into spot at 350pm. 63 degrees and zero wind. Sunset 619pm. I’m watching acorn flat. Haven’t hunted here since evening of 10/4. A few different bucks have been through here in the past week, so hope a good one shows up or a yote!

df79416d038b99850ef2921ee7d41c38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My dad likes making these little boxes to put stuff in. I could live with out them but they are nice to put my glasses and bino's in I must say.
KIMG1509.thumb.JPG.c35ff256b8edc53bbd96803afadd188b.JPG
I'm usually stuck finding a branch. Be glad your dad likes making those

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hunting next to the gun club. On a point loaded with acorns. Couple draws converging together in front of me. Seems like a good funnel. Corn just up the hill to the east. Had to crop out the GPS coordinates. That was a close one.
9d1ad027a210206af3ab7db0d24f839c.jpg90db2f5c80b79b7f7380fe31eb41375a.jpg946318e24b0b33c85a5c6f9881e648fd.jpgeb5bd16156b4f44b477f7a8a73431c8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Work day on the land . Stuff I just hadn’t got to , really happy with results . Opened up behind a stand that allows a gun shot into a wide mowed trail . Raked my main path and two spurs that lead to three stands , I’ll leaf blow it when they drop ,today was to get the sticks . Best thing I’ve ever done there, walk in and out in silence, deer follow it and cross it ,leaving prints that tell a story , newbies can find stands without me  . Trimmed more along soy bean field, opened up trail to stand id never find in the dark .

Nice surprise, land owner who had mowed for me already ,plowed through a thicket opening up to an area where the big guys bed ,and was impossible to get near before .

8B108D45-8F7D-47B9-AAC5-A5B8ED40E835.jpeg

CD9D3F70-87D6-40F5-909F-E393F462E13C.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

Just had another 7 come out. This guy has a smaller rack on him, but one of the biggest bodies I’ve ever seen. He’s either real old and on the downslope or incredibly fat. Either way, I wanted To shoot him. He stayed at the other end and then walked away passing right under one of my double sets. Grunted, he looked, but kept walking. Figures. 

• Like 2