LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just almost killed my nemesis doe. She is old and super spooky. Never quite gives me a shot and has busted me last year a few times and this year once. She did it again. 2 more steps and I’d have killed her but she turned around and left for no apparent reason.

The reason is she got to be an old nanny for a reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Sorry for delay. Semi-live. Was on phone working out logistics to give a butchering seminar to the new hunters we're mentoring under QDMA.

Doe went down in sight. Thankful though to find my arrow in the thick stuff she was in. No lighted nock but still expensive, especially with a titanium broadhead. lol

Pulled her out to a spot with some room to work. Target bow is a bit long for treestand work but worked just fine as my backup! It's broken in!3a4266073eabaf44fe7acd3805f576e2.jpg9da925c5d2d71652ba481a7e592a42d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 26

Got in my stand in the thickets by 6:20 this am . A couple minutes after 7 , it started to sprinkle . Around 8am , I heard a deer blow a way to my north . Never saw a thing all morning and was pretty much soaked . Nick said he saw a couple different doe with a fawn and 6 other doe in the neighbor's field . My son called and said he was leaving at 11 am and if I got something he could drive back 21 miles . At noon I walked to my car and sat there for a long time . My Boonie hat felt like it weighed 5 pounds . Glad it isn't a 10 gallon hat ! Tried to take a nap and nodded off a couple times .

At 3:30 I walked to the stand that my son had sat in . At 5pm , I saw 5 doe feeding a couple hundred yards north in the bean field . At 5:50 , 8 turkeys walked up through the neighbor's bean field . Started up the lane way at 6:30 and saw 2 more doe . 

Only heard 2 gun shots this morning . 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yes and stay in late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always good advice. Hunt when you can,and that will be dark till 9 a.m. for me. I have a good feeling about the spot,it is a trail coming from a hay field that had a scrape and rub on it last week. That counts as hot sign for me...

No luck cutting off the buck I spotted earlier today. I hoped he was bedded for the afternoon so went out in the evening on a travel path out of the bedding area. No dice.

Walking back after sundown heard four rapid succession rifle shots (in a shotgun only area) from neighbor's property across the street followed by hooting and hollering. Kinda sucks that the likely choices are either people poaching or someone's mentoring a youth by telling them to shoot in the dark.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk