LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Couldn't make it out this morning, so of course the property owner sends me a picture of a buck walking around next door at 7:30 and lets me know there are "20 deer" in the field next door.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful day to be out for you lucky buggers :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Welp were 0/2 on youth deer, had a small doe step out 730, he shot her square in the shoulder and not even a spec of blood. We followed her tracks and watched her run off.

5 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Gun 243 rem corelokts, I’m gonna go back later but all sign I saw says no way she’s dead 

3 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

I’m sure she will die, question is if I can find her as she initially ran 200-300 yards without stopping. Not a spec of blood on that whole trail has me questioning if the bullet made it through the shoulder to cause enough damage. I’ve had no issues with .243 in the past and always hunt with the Winchester silvertips. 

Yeah... small doe, shot square in the shoulder with a .243, not a spec of blood, ran 200-300 yards... am I  missing something? I would think that would have dropped her where she stood or broke her down temporarily anyways. Are you sure she was hit? Have you called Deer Search?? 

4c9f15f4dcc068c1dd4980a81cf193e2.jpg

Brought the boys out for the afternoon. With the orchestra of grunts and bleats from my youngest I’m not sure we will see much lol. My oldest is deff going to be the easiest to hunt with. He’s calm and so content on just glassing the field with the binos. Youngest is bouncing around in here. I’m waiting for him to say he’s bored and is gonna walk back by himself lol

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Yeah... small doe, shot square in the shoulder with a .243, not a spec of blood, ran 200-300 yards... am I  missing something? I would think that would have dropped her where she stood or broke her down temporarily anyways. Are you sure she was hit? Have you called Deer Search?? 

How does he know she went 200-300 yards with this foliage, assuming the shot was in the woods?

Prolly a miss or they missed the blood trail as she went in another direction.  Coyotes gotta eat too......

• Like 1

Well my youngest decided a couple mins ago he had to drop a #2. So he takes off running back to the house spooking the 8 does we had in the field. Wife waits for him at the end of the trail and brings him inside. Didn’t have to go, just wanted a snack lol. So now it’s down to me and the oldest. He’s dying to see a buck come out and go down. I applaud his patience for a 6 yr old though. He’s a trooper on the binos!

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Well my youngest decided a couple mins ago he had to drop a #2. So he takes off running back to the house spooking the 8 does we had in the field. Wife waits for him at the end of the trail and brings him inside. Didn’t have to go, just wanted a snackemoji849.png lol. So now it’s down to me and the oldest. He’s dying to see a buck come out and go down. I applaud his patience for a 6 yr old though. He’s a trooper on the binos!

Out of laughs.that's too good!!!haha

• Like 1

Well I found her, feeding in the neighbors lawn. The hit is not in the shoulder but is in fact in the front leg. I think I can hang a set near that and get her with the bow. Distance from hit is about 600 yards where I just glassed her. I would call deersearch on deer I believe to be dead, however did not suspect that after what I observed and was correct. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

How does he know she went 200-300 yards with this foliage, assuming the shot was in the woods?

Prolly a miss or they missed the blood trail as she went in another direction.  Coyotes gotta eat too......

Field edge, can see 4-500 yards.

Jerkman got a two week timeout for his excessive fowl language post in this thread . He should have known better . 

Ooo harsh time of year for a 2 Weeker no way to defer till after season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 2