LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

48 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Well my youngest decided a couple mins ago he had to drop a #2. So he takes off running back to the house spooking the 8 does we had in the field. Wife waits for him at the end of the trail and brings him inside. Didn’t have to go, just wanted a snackemoji849.png lol. So now it’s down to me and the oldest. He’s dying to see a buck come out and go down. I applaud his patience for a 6 yr old though. He’s a trooper on the binos!

Just love having the kids out there! Good for you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Very much on the decline lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the reminder TC.. I stopped into the Henrietta field and steam on Thursday. Differences with the store aside. I asked one of the managers about the transition to sportsman's outdoors. He said the store was closing for a week starting on Friday (last week) for the transition. Happened sooner than I thought. Might be some good sales coming up soon for anyone local.

• Like 1

Took my son out last night for his first time in the woods with a gun.. tried to capitalize on youth weekend. He was super excited when this overweight 6pt stepped out. 

IMG_20191012_181840515.thumb.jpg.0c0e07b6fb828400aa032cf6fa3a9ef8.jpg

Good cull buck. He def needed to stop swimming in the gene pool lol

I nominate this for best pic yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Definition of frustrating....

Sat from 1 to sunset, wind in my face overlooking a trail from bed to acorn flat. Saw zilch.

Packup and slow walk back to the house. Spook a deer bedded within eyesight of my house. Probably was there since noon.

Anniversary tomorrow. Quick sit in the morning and that's probably it for me. Good luck to all going out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yesterday, was in before light came out at 12:30. Saw multiple doe and fawns, again at spitting distance from the ground at lake property. Caught a glimpse of a decent buck up on the knob above me too. And had a doe and last years fawn bed within twenty yards of me. They were really chowing down the acorns!

Decided for the afternoon, I'd go to the upper part of the farm, to a blind where it's usually good for early season. Got all the way up there before I realized my release was in my truck! So just sat and observed for awhile before leaving early. Luckily, I didn't have a big buck walk by and stop at 15 Yards!! So I didn't beat myself up too bad for being dumb.

While I was there, my hunting partner was on another part of the property, and saw a giant buck! So today we spent a few hours placing a perfect set up for one side of that area. Tomorrow, we will place another one on the other side, for a different wind direction. And also at another spot we found today. These will be strictly rut spots, and or opening day of gun season. And I feel the best new setups we've done in years!

Will take some time tomorrow, for a quick meet up with UpstateRedneck and RebelDarling in East Berne for coffee and a snack!

Then back to hunt.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Yesterday, was in before light came out at 12:30. Saw multiple doe and fawns, again at spitting distance from the ground at lake property. Caught a glimpse of a decent buck up on the knob above me too. And had a doe and last years fawn bed within twenty yards of me. They were really chowing down the acorns!

Decided for the afternoon, I'd go to the upper part of the farm, to a blind where it's usually good for early season. Got all the way up there before I realized my release was in my truck! So just sat and observed for awhile before leaving early. Luckily, I didn't have a big buck walk by and stop at 15 Yards!! So I didn't beat myself up too bad for being dumb.

While I was there, my hunting partner was on another part of the property, and saw a giant buck! So today we spent a few hours placing a perfect set up for one side of that area. Tomorrow, we will place another one on the other side, for a different wind direction. And also at another spot we found today. These will be strictly rut spots, and or opening day of gun season. And I feel the best new setups we've done in years!

Will take some time tomorrow, for a quick meet up with UpstateRedneck and RebelDarling in East Berne for coffee and a snack!

Then back to hunt.

3 members constitutes a GTG 

• Like 4