LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

My place is overrun with yotes this year. All night long I get them on my cell cams and hardly any deer. I'm about ready to set up with the caller and rifle some night on my back deck!
I may use my Saturday morning for a quick set with the shotgun then maybe still have time for some deer before my grandma's birthday party

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Playing with fire ... one different letter (only 2 keys away!) on that last word and back to the banned list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've decided to toe the line however not cross it out of respect to Mr. John who despite having a zillion deer all within range of his blind refuses to shoot any yet describe all the awesome bucks he keeps seeing

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I may use my Saturday morning for a quick set with the shotgun then maybe still have time for some deer before my grandma's birthday party

You cannot legally do that. It's deer season.

Possession and Use of Rifles for Hunting Furbearers:

1. Is any deer season open in the location you wish to hunt (including archery, muzzleloading, regular, late and Focus Area)?

a. If NO, you may use any caliber rimfire or centerfire rifle for hunting furbearers.

b. If YES, can deer be hunted with rifles in that location during the regular season?

i. If YES, you may use any caliber rimfire or centerfire rifle for hunting furbearers during any open deer season.

ii. If NO, you may only possess afield rimfire rifles .22-caliber or smaller, or centerfire rifles LESS THAN .22 caliber (.204, .17, etc.) during any open deer season. Once all deer seasons are closed, the restriction ends, except: 2. You may NEVER possess a rifle afield in Westchester, Nassau, and Suffolk counties. 3. In the Northern Zone, it is illegal to carry a rifle larger than .22 caliber rimfire (or .22-caliber or larger centerfire rifles) at any time if accompanied by a dog, except when coyote hunting.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

You cannot legally do that. It's deer season.

Possession and Use of Rifles for Hunting Furbearers:

1. Is any deer season open in the location you wish to hunt (including archery, muzzleloading, regular, late and Focus Area)?

a. If NO, you may use any caliber rimfire or centerfire rifle for hunting furbearers.

b. If YES, can deer be hunted with rifles in that location during the regular season?

i. If YES, you may use any caliber rimfire or centerfire rifle for hunting furbearers during any open deer season.

ii. If NO, you may only possess afield rimfire rifles .22-caliber or smaller, or centerfire rifles LESS THAN .22 caliber (.204, .17, etc.) during any open deer season. Once all deer seasons are closed, the restriction ends, except: 2. You may NEVER possess a rifle afield in Westchester, Nassau, and Suffolk counties. 3. In the Northern Zone, it is illegal to carry a rifle larger than .22 caliber rimfire (or .22-caliber or larger centerfire rifles) at any time if accompanied by a dog, except when coyote hunting.

I'm not planning on carrying both together. The plan was leave bow in car. Set for coyotes with shotgun. When that is over return gun to car and head to stand with bow which is totally fine. Both will not be together at any one time other than during transport locked in the car also it's not a rifle. It's shotgun as Westchester only allows shotgun for small game hunting. No rifle allowed.

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

I'm not planning on carrying both together. The plan was leave bow in car. Set for coyotes with shotgun. When that is over return gun to car and head to stand with bow which is totally fine. Both will not be together at any one time other than during transport locked in the car

It's deer season, you can't carry a gun in Westchester. In Putnam it would be rimfire only. But westchester no rifles.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Then how would someone hunt coyotes?

If Putnam, right now....you would have to use .22 rimfire only. Otherwise have to wait for shotgun or centerfire rifle after ALL deer seasons are closed. For westchester since you can't use a rifle, you have to wait till January 1st to use a shotgun. In the meantime, use a bow for yotes.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

If Putnam, right now....you would have to use .22 rimfire only. Otherwise have to wait for shotgun or centerfire rifle after ALL deer seasons are closed. For westchester since you can't use a rifle, you have to wait till January 1st to use a shotgun.

There is clearly defined division between shotgun and rifle. It says can use rifle, shotgun, handgun, bow, crossbow, what have you. Then it states if using a rifle, you must be under .22 cal. Does not say if using shotgun. Also we aren't talking Putnam. We are talking Westchester which is it's own weird thing. That's like saying you can't use a shotgun to hunt fall turkey in Westchester. That's insane.

20 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

There is clearly defined division between shotgun and rifle. It says can use rifle, shotgun, handgun, bow, crossbow, what have you. Then it states if using a rifle, you must be under .22 cal. Does not say if using shotgun. Also we aren't talking Putnam. We are talking Westchester which is it's own weird thing. That's like saying you can't use a shotgun to hunt fall turkey in Westchester. That's insane.

why waste your time sitting in treestand with shotgun anyway? what if a nice buck comes? why not just stick with the bow and deer hunt and worry about yotes in the winter?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Only deer today was one I bumped going in, I did however see about 2 dozen turkey . I rounded a bend walking the edge of a field and there they were maybe 40 yards away .

Rockspec had told me he’s seen big flocks in that field .

Taking daughter to the range on our land tomorrow, shooting her hunting guns and a handgun or two , her permit came last month, four months start to finish, may co register one of mine on hers for now.

Back on stand looks like Friday AM .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Planning on being all set up by 4:00. My apple picking recon revealed ZERO deer traveling to and fro...they should be on their feet this evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you just love those things when you accomplish two things with one chore? Recon and harvest,good luck crappyice,get one!

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

I'm not planning on carrying both together. The plan was leave bow in car. Set for coyotes with shotgun. When that is over return gun to car and head to stand with bow which is totally fine. Both will not be together at any one time other than during transport locked in the car also it's not a rifle. It's shotgun as Westchester only allows shotgun for small game hunting. No rifle allowed.

You Sure about that never seen anyone use shotgun in Westchester maybe local law don't allow it  .

You Sure about that never seen anyone use shotgun in Westchester maybe local law don't allow it  .
For small game it is legal. No rifle allowed. And talking shotgun #4 buck not slug. And the land has to be over 10 acres

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

For small game it is legal. No rifle allowed. And talking shotgun #4 buck not slug. And the land has to be over 10 acres

Not to many in Westchester with 10 acres  .

On Reservoir land I am pretty sure its a no no  and then they have local laws about not disgerging any firearm .

Anyway I just don't bother and go up to Putnam and Beyond .

Who needs the aggravation .

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

Not to many in Westchester with 10 acres  .
On Reservoir land I am pretty sure its a no no  and then they have local laws about not disgerging any firearm .
Anyway I just don't bother and go up to Putnam and Beyond .
Who needs the aggravation .

I hunt a 50+ acre property so well within legal limits