LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

42 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

For small game it is legal. No rifle allowed. And talking shotgun #4 buck not slug. And the land has to be over 10 acres

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

acreage has nothing to do with any laws in NY. Maybe you are thinking of CT where its 10 acres for rifle, otherwise only shotgun? where are you getting all these wacky rules from?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

acreage has nothing to do with any laws in NY. Maybe you are thinking of CT where its 10 acres for rifle, otherwise only shotgun? where are you getting all these wacky rules from?

It's a urban legend that has been going around the internet for years with all the local no discharge laws they have now  i don't  think it matters if they don't bust you one way they will get you the other .

Not worth the risk in my book 

Not even back in the 60s could you discharge around here my dad said 

He remembers a neighbor shot a raccoon with .22 lr and almost round up in jail for it around here back then even was a problem . 

Edited by Hunter007

26 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Seems kinda slow so far this year as far as bow kills go,doesn't it? I will be back at it starting Friday,maybe Thursday if the rain quits. Might move a stand on Thursday anyway,maybe two.

Thought that too but I checked the harvest thread from last year and was only behind like 3 deer from last season.  Checked over the weekend cause I was thinking the same thing. 

We are gonna step it up soon !  Last season I never sent an arrow. Didn't shoot til xbow. Want to score one with the bow this year.

And this forum has a bison kill and two moose this season so that is big time! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

Out with my brother tonight hunting from the ground.   I’m literally in a ground blind, as below the ground surface...behind an old root structure traversing the side of a steep hill.   ...complete with a root cellar to keep my food and beverage cold and a fire place!

E70CCE87-2B69-42EF-AB29-2334AF648AA9.jpeg

97EB61D2-B2A2-46B8-A0D1-1D905FA7F0F9.jpeg

• Like 12

Just now, UpStateRedNeck said:

Busted 3 on the way in, need a different route to this stand.

Question:. Will deer jump a 3 strand electric fence if un pressured?  I think my uncle may have made me a great funnel, if they don't.....

Brother has 25 acres of pasture with an electric fence. deer jump it all the time no problem. I've even seen them in pasture with his two horses together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No deer this evening.   Finished my daughters mount...a little different than my primitive mounts but I know she will be happy with it on her bedroom wall.  I plan to tan the hide and make a couple bags...I’ll incorporate  the hoofs and toe bones in the bag.

F5D5E3B8-AC87-4AB7-84BA-2D89CD6B8368.jpeg

AC8166AC-D80C-4685-83C9-8811EDC5CC21.jpeg

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

No deer this evening.   Finished my daughters mount...a little different than my primitive mounts but I know she will be happy with it on her bedroom wall.  I plan to tan the hide and make a couple bags...I’ll incorporate  the hoofs and toe bones in the bag.

Nice job with the dip that looks great

• Like 1

F5D5E3B8-AC87-4AB7-84BA-2D89CD6B8368.thumb.jpeg.6b5b12e69a23cb44a06bbe9933cce973.jpeg
AC8166AC-D80C-4685-83C9-8811EDC5CC21.thumb.jpeg.5a5b67497bfd4ea16bf8d48e5151e6aa.jpeg

That deer was alive 36 hours ago lol, you’re amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

F5D5E3B8-AC87-4AB7-84BA-2D89CD6B8368.thumb.jpeg.6b5b12e69a23cb44a06bbe9933cce973.jpeg
AC8166AC-D80C-4685-83C9-8811EDC5CC21.thumb.jpeg.5a5b67497bfd4ea16bf8d48e5151e6aa.jpeg

Any chance you can start a tutorial page as to how to “harvest” the toe bones and hooves? If i ever get a deer(i need to see one first!) i would like to play with that project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

New thread...please please please cuz i really want to follow this but i don’t want TF to yell at you like he yelled at Jerkman/Stormy warlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed this is quite exciting! I'm gonna start collecting toe bones now!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Just finished fleshing...ready for bark tanning.  

3F254DF9-6D2E-4387-8D17-3FDA36C73988.jpeg

I concur dinorocks,you should start a thread on bark tanning and the other things you play around with. I feel inspired reading your posts to up my game a little. There is some exploring to do...

• Like 2