LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Sat last night couple hours no deer but I got to see a beautiful bobcat very large and almost black , out this am with my son. 34 n quiet lil breeze which is good for my stand. Good luck n a belated happy Columbus Day to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wasn't a bobcat. That was a baby black panther

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just watched a nice 6 walk outta my life at 43 yards. Dang it  ! Walked the ridge very slowly and gone he goes. Definitely a shooter. 

Did you make any attempt to get him to turn?  grunt, grunt snort wheeze?

What do you have to lose?

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Did you make any attempt to get him to turn?  grunt, grunt snort wheeze?

What do you have to lose?

I had a 4pt then later a spike walk by me Sunday morning, at about 40 yards I grunted, they turned and walked right past again. I love messing with the 1 1/2 year olds.

Also bleated at a doe that was 50 yards out, she immediately bolted in like a freight train! Then looked right at me and took off. 

4 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I had a 4pt then later a spike walk by me Sunday morning, at about 40 yards I grunted, they turned and walked right past again. I love messing with the 1 1/2 year olds.

Also bleated at a doe that was 50 yards out, she immediately bolted in like a freight train! Then looked right at me and took off. 

I don't usually make any effort to mess with ones I won't shoot as I don't want to risk giving myself away for the one I don't see.  But if there is a buck I want to shoot walking out of my life, I will give it a shot.  I have grunted more than one in and the snort wheeze got one that wouldn't commit to return to return for a shot.  No harm if it doesn't work.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Grunt tube somewhat handy but didn’t want to fumble around for it. Needed him to zig n not zag. Just had gobblers at 60. Then immediately a stare down with two fawn at 25.  Having a fun morning 

Little early for it to be likely effective, but the grunt tube is the one item I have hanging on my neck at all times in the stand.  Hold until you know that they are heading away from you and let her rip.

• Like 3

Just now, moog5050 said:

Little early for it to be likely effective, but the grunt tube is the one item I have hanging on my neck at all times in the stand.  Hold until you know that they are heading away from you and let her rip.

Agree. I told TF the same thing via text. Once I realize that buck is going, nothing to lose to hit the grunt and see what happens. I always lay my grunt call next to me in blind or in front shirt pocket for easy access. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I don't usually make any effort to mess with ones I won't shoot as I don't want to risk giving myself away for the one I don't see.  But if there is a buck I want to shoot walking out of my life, I will give it a shot.  I have grunted more than one in and the snort wheeze got one that wouldn't commit to return to return for a shot.  No harm if it doesn't work.

I dont mess with them either. It just educates them if they bust you playing around.

6 minutes ago, t_barb said:

Friday evening I had a nice eight pointer chasing a doe and grunting, so not sure it is too early..   This was in Livingston County...

Young bucks are bumping does around right now in my area. Mature bucks arent doing that yet. I grunted at a mature buck Saturday, trying to get him to come to me, he turned and looked, but then just walked away. Snort Wheeze had no effect. I dont think its time quite yet.

• Like 1

That’s a wrap. Man o man was heart pumping when I watched that buck stroll through. Liking this archery thing 
Gonna have to stop smoking and eating better so you don't risk a heart attack when a monster steps out in front of you! I don't do anything and even my heart feels like it's gonna jump out of my chest when I see even a doe I want to shoot!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That’s a wrap. Man o man was heart pumping when I watched that buck stroll through. Liking this archery thing 

You can't beat that feeling. Last year when I got my 10Pt, buck fever was kicking in so bad it took me 3 tries to finally pull my bow back and I literally pulled that string back hundreds of times over the summer leading to bow season with no problems at all. I got lucky, I dont know how he didn't see me shaking trying to draw that bow back...LOL

• Like 3