LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

My buddy called me at about 530 for help dragging this guy out. He was behind some doe's and reacted to a grunt call. Deer was shot in Orange County, and the coyote were on him an hour later. I believe we pushed the coyote off him just in time to salvage all the meat. We found two fresh rubs from today on the track job.

Screenshot_2019-10-15-21-48-22.png

• Like 28

I haven’t been out yet. Been busy getting caught up on things and waiting for the right time. A friend of mine got this pic yesterday on his cam of a good buck starting to chase. It wasn’t all out, but it’s a start. We’re starting to get to that time where the unexpected can happen at any time. I’m sure as the moon goes away this week, we can expect action to continue to increase. I’ll be out this weekend finally. 5A067A23-6F04-43C5-9A49-CDA51D221F35.thumb.jpeg.847910df3ff7b35c1da838aef1aba18b.jpeg

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I haven’t been out yet. Been busy getting caught up on things and waiting for the right time. A friend of mine got this pic yesterday on his cam of a good buck starting to chase. It wasn’t all out, but it’s a start. We’re starting to get to that time where the unexpected can happen at any time. I’m sure as the moon goes away this week, we can expect action to continue to increase. I’ll be out this weekend finally. 5A067A23-6F04-43C5-9A49-CDA51D221F35.thumb.jpeg.847910df3ff7b35c1da838aef1aba18b.jpeg

Nice deer ..

• Like 2

Seems like a great day for you lucky boogers who can hunt today/this morning before the rain (full wash out on the way in SE).

I will be enthusiastically educating the youth of America, loving every minute if my job!
(Today’s lesson:the power of sarcasm on social media.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Seems like a great day for you lucky boogers who can hunt today/this morning before the rain (full wash out on the way in SE).

I will be enthusiastically educating the youth of America, loving every minute if my job!
(Today’s lesson:the power of sarcasm on social media.)

Not raining yet. On my way to train I saw a red truck pulled over on route 134. Probably hunting Hudson Hills GC land illegally.

• Haha 1

Just saw 2 bucks sparring on the neighbors property. Both 8 pointers but one was clearly older than the other. Definitely a shooter for me, rack was wider than his ears. Tried rattling to them and they seemed interested but wouldn't come closer. Spike came right in behind me though. Get your rattlers out boys!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not raining yet. On my way to train I saw a red truck pulled over on route 134. Probably hunting Hudson Hills GC land illegally.

Glass half full.  Maybe he just got done helping an old woman change a tire.  Stopping tossing around the cheating mantra!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am seriously considering sneaking out and going for a still hunt adventure. Wind is certainly up,but the rain is supposed to hold off until 2 p.m.

Windy days are the best to pull off some aggressive movements near bedding areas.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

We are going to lose alot of leaves from the trees in the next 24 hours, 3 inches of rain forecasted

Yes, very happy this storm is moving through. It’s still super thick on my lease . 30 yards tops for sighting anything. 

Shhhhhhhhh don't let anyone know I bought a truck yet!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Sounds like Moog is covering his a$$!!! Why he would come to SE when he’s covered with p&y deer is beyond me!

Agree it makes no sense. If I'm Moog, I take the 3-day guiding class to get licensed in NY. The have BurmJohn set up his outfitting website and then overbook clients for a few years. Like 10 per week for 4-5 weeks @ $2K cash per person for a few years till he gets bad reviews for over hunting. Make the easy $200K cash (no taxes), and begin his quest to kill the NA-29!

• Like 1