LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

all in the name of shooting the big one.  sad is right.

I couldn’t agree more. I always try to do the right thing even when getting away with the wrong thing is possible. I have gone years at a time without taking a deer because of either being very selective or not wanting to be unethical. That’s how I got the name Squirrelwhisperer haha.

I have had stands disappear too. Have to chain them to the tree now. Have to worry about trail cams also.

Truth is I hate ppl that break/bend the rules and I hate ppl that waste animals. The other day I found a large body deer with his head missing just dumped on the side of the road. I would never fault someone for head hunting but don’t dump the animal. Donate it if your not gonna eat it. there are ppl less fortunate that would truly appreciate that animal.

I so envy you guys with these huge pieces of land where no one ever goes and the deer frolic and play. If I can see 40 yds in a spot I’m lucky.

Btw, if I did use a howitzer, I’d be aiming for all your bucks from here lolllll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Packed light.   Tab, rangefinder and grunt tube.   That’s it.  

Busted a couple deer coming in.   Heard a doe blowing well down the valley and two button bucks with the smaller kicking the bigger several times.   Light wind at least where I am sitting.   Oh and a cat out of nowhere.   Looked skinny and homeless.   

Enjoy all.  

I drove home from Boston last night and when i got off the interstate and closer to home the fields were just packed with deer. 11 p.m. And i saw a real nice buck,at least 3.5 year old on the same ridge where the stateland is located that i want to try out. Exciting stuff.

19 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Got in the tree around 8 after dropping kids off at school. Pretty excited for turkey opener tomorrow. Ive had turkeys in my field the last 4 days...which means i probably wont see them till the end of November now...

That sounds spot on,good luck!!haha....all quiet here so far,1 squirrel.looks like a new rub 2 tree's from my stand.checkin cam when get down