LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

The wind and rain finally stopped up here. Not sure how many guys are out, but today should be a good one. I'll be out with my FIL tomorrow morning for Pheasant. Then if I can work through my honey do list, I might be able to step out for a PM sit on Sunday. I've got a feeling this thread is going explode over the next few days. Good luck!

To windy here today for me . Just got off the phone with about the best hunter I know ,self employed can hunt anytime , he hasn’t even considered going out yet maybe in a week or so .  He did say he shot his bow a couple  times now .

Tomorrow looks good wind wise 

1 minute ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Oh man, this is really buggin me. Have to find a way to make it into the woods this weekend. Getting my son ready for his bowhunting career (all day safety course tm) and the honey do list for Sunday keeps getting longer. Doesn't she realize what time of year this is?!?

My wife realized along time ago if I wanted to be in the woods I was going to the woods. I will be out this weekend despite the fact that my pool is still open, my lawn is full of leaves and my boat still needs to be winterized. Priorities man!!!

• Like 3

I need a nudge in one direction or the other. I will be out this afternoon and can't decide if i should sit in a stand at a hay field edge that has a brushy lot next to it for bedding. It faces east so i think it is a very good chance deer are bedded in there today.

The other option is stillhunting a north/south ridge on the downwind side where i kicked up a nice buck last year and where i suspect bucks also bed on the downwind side of thick young beech trees. This could be a recon mission as well to luck for some fresh buck sign. There are oaks along my path too.

Which is it going to be? Help me out...

I need a nudge in one direction or the other. I will be out this afternoon and can't decide if i should sit in a stand at a hay field edge that has a brushy lot next to it for bedding. It faces east so i think it is a very good chance deer are bedded in there today.
The other option is stillhunting a north/south ridge on the downwind side where i kicked up a nice buck last year and where i suspect bucks also bed on the downwind side of thick young beech trees. This could be a recon mission as well to luck for some fresh buck sign. There are oaks along my path too.

I say do the stillhunt. Even if you don’t get a shot opportunity you may find some real good sign and want to set up there another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Still hunting with a bow is a tough one but ground being wet today is an advantage.  Good luck