LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

40 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I need a nudge in one direction or the other. I will be out this afternoon and can't decide if i should sit in a stand at a hay field edge that has a brushy lot next to it for bedding. It faces east so i think it is a very good chance deer are bedded in there today.

The other option is stillhunting a north/south ridge on the downwind side where i kicked up a nice buck last year and where i suspect bucks also bed on the downwind side of thick young beech trees. This could be a recon mission as well to luck for some fresh buck sign. There are oaks along my path too.

Which is it going to be? Help me out...

Still Hunt! From the ground!

44 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I need a nudge in one direction or the other. I will be out this afternoon and can't decide if i should sit in a stand at a hay field edge that has a brushy lot next to it for bedding. It faces east so i think it is a very good chance deer are bedded in there today.

The other option is stillhunting a north/south ridge on the downwind side where i kicked up a nice buck last year and where i suspect bucks also bed on the downwind side of thick young beech trees. This could be a recon mission as well to luck for some fresh buck sign. There are oaks along my path too.

Which is it going to be? Help me out...

Still hunt... 

Pro-tip:  I read on another thread that if you take one step each minute, you'll be back home by next Tuesday.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’m out. Good luck to the afternoon shift. Daughter has motorcade today so I’m going to watch. Police car first in line , then her n friends car since they organized the whole thing. Lancaster /Depew football game. Go Redskins ! 

Never forget that my grandfather led Depew football to 4 straight wins in 4 years over Lancaster. 

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My cameras have been going nuts since yesterday afternoon. I have pics from one of my cell cams of both of my target bucks hanging in my clover plot for over an hour this morning, less than 40 yards from one of my stands.

Lots of day light activity in our clover too as well as brassicas. Less interest in beans and haven't seen any signs of them hitting the corn too hard.

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’m out. Good luck to the afternoon shift. Daughter has motorcade today so I’m going to watch. Police car first in line , then her n friends car since they organized the whole thing. Lancaster /Depew football game. Go Redskins ! 

You mean go "Legend's" :rofl:

• Haha 1

Stands up for tomorrow. Wind was going a thousand different ways so i didnt push in as far as ide like.  I can see a ways through the pines so im hoping if they dont come by close i can still catch them sneaking around me and set up better the next time.   Sitting on a small ridge with acorns that feeds down onto a point heading into thick pines and beech. I hope they stop for breakfast before heading to bed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

That scrape is tore up! Looks deep too! Is it starting to bow up in there? Hope the buck that made the scrape ambles by before dark my friend !!

Same spot I had to let that monster walk last year. Close to same time in Oct.   Here’s hoping.   Should look familiar to you.   Had a cam set and card was corrupted.  Lol But definitely opened last night after rain with 2 more within 15yds.  

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Same spot I had to let that monster walk last year. Close to same time in Oct.   Here’s hoping.   Should look familiar to you.   Had a cam set and card was corrupted.  Lol But definitely opened last night after rain with 2 more within 15yds.  

Good luck!!! Is that the hill near the bowl in the background? That whole property is amazing!

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Good luck!!! Is that the hill near the bowl in the background? That whole property is amazing!

Sitting same stand you sat (below lol).   Bowl is in front of stand.  Scrape is on trail behind stand. 

Actually scrape is about 5’ from where I laid down and watched you almost shoot that buck from the ground.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Sitting same stand you sat (below lol).   Bowl is in front of stand.  Scrape is on trail behind stand. 

Actually scrape is about 5’ from where I laid down and watched you almost shoot that buck from the ground.  

What a spot!

Even more reason to send you an extra dose of luck, to have one of the BIG guys come cruising by!! That stand has some good memories!!!