LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Jumped two does on the way in but finally set up on a secluded hay plot next to a huge bedding area. I got my first day light pics of a buck I’ve been chasing since 2017 here last week so hoping he shows up again. It’s all tore up with scrapes and rubs. Good luck to everyone out there!

6c52ba30691b074ce40bb9867292a2a5.jpg

8e5b711112fddecf38498e1431a0a7cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Jumped two does on the way in but finally set up on a secluded hay plot next to a huge bedding area. I got my first day light pics of a buck I’ve been chasing since 2017 here last week so hoping he shows up again. It’s all tore up with scrapes and rubs. Good luck to everyone out there!

6c52ba30691b074ce40bb9867292a2a5.jpg

8e5b711112fddecf38498e1431a0a7cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That an extra beam?   What a stud.  Hope you get your chance. 

Boys got home form school and the 3 year wanted to go hunting......can't argue with that. Setup in the grapes I hunt close to home and I wasn't even done setting everything and making sure he was strapped in and he says " daddy there's a deer"....low and behold a nice doe stepped out 6o yards away.....then after a bit a decent buck. Does jumped back in the woodline and the buck followed......does came back out a few minutes ago and we are waiting on the buck.5f5092480586a5044643c4fdaba97988.jpgcbd061a22583f1f4b4db6521bd11aa5b.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Decided to take advantage of the wet and try my hand at stalking. After 45 minutes of step, step stop, I saw a deer about 40 yards away through the dense brush. I started to parallel her movement when I picked up another larger doe behind her. She raised up and eyed me straight off. I froze midstep and we began what seemed like a 20 minute staring contest. There was a large black cherry between us and when she finally turned I sidestepped and put the tree between our sight lines. Took a breath. Unfortunately, there were a lot of small trees between me and the cherry so I couldn’t inch straight toward it. After five minutes I tried to go ever so slightly around a sapling and she blew and took off. 

Best day ever. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, left field said:

Decided to take advantage of the wet and try my hand at stalking. After 45 minutes of step, step stop, I saw a deer about 40 yards away through the dense brush. I started to parallel her movement when I picked up another larger doe behind her. She raised up and eyed me straight off. I froze midstep and we began what seemed like a 20 minute staring contest. There was a large black cherry between us and when she finally turned I sidestepped and put the tree between our sight lines. Took a breath. Unfortunately, there were a lot of small trees between me and the cherry so I couldn’t inch straight toward it. After five minutes I tried to go ever so slightly around a sapling and she blew and took off. 

Best day ever. 

love this style of hunting!  

3 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

First time sitting the swamp stand on my private lot this year and first time ever hunting with a xbow. Hoping for some good luck. Good luck to all those out.8e303098796716bd2902b02c7655b4dd.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I didn’t think xbow was open yet?