LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Thanks! Glad to be back. Work has been crazy so I haven’t got out much yet but looking forward to participating here more. I’ve got a really good inventory of shooters on my leases but this buck is my #1 target. He’s done nothing but frustrate me for three years. My buddy’s keep telling me to focus on my leases but I love the challenge of public land and this buck in particular given our history. It’s a great problem to have, just gotta figure out where to prioritize my time. Here’s some of the shooters on my leases

7ac0aa248017ecd3c38451a14e1d72bb.jpg&key=7d4814fd8d260cdf042aa330cd671eb72b8b570d8d353c7459eef00fd79e8073

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just WOW!

You are so right,good problems to have. I didn't set out any cams this year so i am going in blind. The hilltops i hunt dont have a selection of bucks like you guys have in your area,but there usually is one bruiser around. Maybe more,i dont seem to catch up with them. 
I am going to give some stateland a try here as well. It starts on the Susquehanna river and goes up the whole ridge adjacent to it. There should be some good bucks on that...

Good luck! Trail cams are a blessing and a curse. I’m only running them on about half my properties and I’m about to stop checking them. I run them September to October to get an idea of what’s around and then just hunt. I find they spook mature bucks and there’s something to be said for not knowing what’s lurking out there. My best properties the last two years have had zero cams ran on them. Hunt up high on the ridges in the morning and drop down low in the evenings. Use the thermals to your advantage. River and creek bottoms can be like the highways of deer world, just gotta play them right

• Like 1

That deer on the top right is wowza.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah he’s a stud and I think he’s only four! I hunted him once on the ground this year because I didn’t have any stands hung or good trees for a hang and hunt and ended up having a doe basically walk into me and made a scene. I have a pretty good idea where he should be cruising during rut and hopefully I can get a crack at him

So Sod, JK and I pull into the property
This morning and there’s two strands
Of kite string across the driveway. We head into the woods and more kite string running along the creek as far as we can see. We hit our logging road and once again, string running in either direction out of site. So we hunt and on the way out find more string running across our food plot, around the corner and all the way down the power lines. The two strands across the street run all the way down the road.

TL;DR an elderly woman strayed from a nearby home and the strings were left by the search party. Sadly they found her a couple properties over, deceased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Sad 5

So Sod, JK and I pull into the property
This morning and there’s two strands
Of kite string across the driveway. We head into the woods and more kite string running along the creek as far as we can see. We hit our logging road and once again, string running in either direction out of site. So we hunt and on the way out find more string running across our food plot, around the corner and all the way down the power lines. The two strands across the street run all the way down the road.

TL;DR an elderly woman strayed from a nearby home and the strings were left by the search party. Sadly they found her a couple properties over, deceased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That would have been a mess in the pants if you stumbled across her this morning on the way to a stand.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

First pic a woodchuck. Second I’m unsure but bandit in 3rd will kill them chickens 

2nd is our neighborhood  skunk she is mostly  white just has a little bit of black on her . This year she had 4  babies that look like her and 2 that look normal like the dad

Very exciting day and I didn’t even make it into the woods. My son is sick so I decided to stay home this weekend and give the wife some help. I have a coworker who lives up in New Hampshire this is his first year bow hunting and he has never shot a deer. I’m taking off November 10th to the 14th to hunt at camp and invited him to join. He told me today he put in for the days off and got his out of state license. It will be nice to have Someone at camp and I hope I can get him his first deer

• Like 7

3 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

I have not been in the woods yet other than to check my cam's but any observations from those that have been or are there ( in the woods )  seeing Rut Activity ?

Grampy started up a thread on this^^

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/52728-2019-rut-observations-and-activity/page/2/#comments

Up having coffee.A brisk 33 deg,clear sky and SW wind @3mph.expecting the deer to be in the fields all night and a crunchy walk in haha.cant get em from the couch though!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Grampy started up a thread on this^^

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/52728-2019-rut-observations-and-activity/page/2/#comments

Up having coffee.A brisk 33 deg,clear sky and SW wind @3mph.expecting the deer to be in the fields all night and a crunchy walk in haha.cant get em from the couch though!!!

It is very bright here as well. The halfmoon is doing a fine job of lighting things up. Not sure where I will set up this a.m. and not having high hopes for movement,i bet the deer fed all night.

But does that stop me from trying? Noooo way.

• Like 4