LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

After a couple frustrating encounters with this buck, he seems to magically appear under an Apple tree that just covered up in wild rose and grapevines and I can never get a shot, I finally snuck an arrow into him this morning. I’ll put the better part of the story in the harvest thread ba30b0f8b49786bd30baa3e2c48b53df.jpg&key=dc52591de8ef8f177df7df9a3b532e82ef435c80fa9c76cdf7335d1448359179

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love the bleached white rack! Way go Tacks.....dumped it with an Elite to boot!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One of the best nights I’ve had since rut last year. Saw my first shooter of the season, 8 other bucks and maybe 15 does/fawns. I was expecting a crappy night because the farmer was cutting the beans on the other side of the property but I was covered in deer all night. All the bucks were sparring but only the 1 and 2 year olds were chasing does. The shooter was a huge main frame 8 probably 140 class with a tank of a body that I’ve never seen before. He got in a sparring match 70 yards away during day light and another within forty yards just as it was getting dark but I didn’t have a shot. Probably not going to get back out until Wednesday at the earliest, but glad to see things are finally starting to pick up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My Live From the Woods story is not what I hoped it would be at this point. Injury has made it impossible to hunt so far but I just couldn’t take it anymore. I had to get out in the woods. No bow but I sat in a ladder stand this evening and watched four doe and one small four pointer milling about in the food plot till well after dark. Damn! I need to have a bow in my hands.

• Sad 2

Almost hit 2 deer during the 15 minute drive to my stand this morning but then i got shut out... Had 1 deer before light walk behind me, catch my wind and bust out.. Gonna give that stand a rest and try my luck in some pines with my ghillie jacket on.... Good luck all

• Like 1

Biz likes to find out the facts first then calls them predictions . Unlike my prediction when I said Mahomes would get hurt cause of the Madden cover curse . 

I would disagree with that, he straight up called my buck last year down to the minute

Ouch....4 hours after watching a crushing defeat of the yankees the alarm punches me in the face. Wasn’t going this weekend but if Tacks can get one like he did, this might just be THE weekend! I kid of course!

44 now to 54 by 10 with nominal NW wind in 3S...love a doe to stop by in a few hours

• Like 2

It’s already 10 degrees warmer that yesterday. The pursuit of my first archery deer has me up and moving even though I really wanted to stay in bed this morning. Another morning only sit for me. I hope they are moving for a change.

• Like 2

Made it up late last night seems it takes me an extra hour to get off that damn island. Anyway 34 degrees with no wind calling for showers later. Going to hunt my property today and hit the park the rest of the week weather permitting.
I saw a buck with his nose to the ground crossing the road last night.
Good luck and congrats to the successful!!!!

Out duck hunting state land this morning. Busted yesterday morning so was time for new spot. Think we found a good spot as two guys drove in past us and stopped to say damn they thought they got here early enough. Sorry We’ve been here since 440 fellas lol. A little bushwhacking and we walked into a nice setup. Made up some natural blinds in the switch grass and now we wait for legal time and birds. bc274a4e81a891fa837826adc463c9ee.jpg

• Like 3

Took a wrong step crossing the mud bog in the dark. Sitting here soaked past both my knees and my right arm. Glad I haf my coat strapped to my backpack. Saw a bruiser about 5:45 last evening sitting here at about 30 yds but to much brush for a shot Idk how many points but one of those bucks that make you say omg to yourself the second you see the rack. Hopefully he shows back again early cause Idk how long I can sit here all wet.

• Like 1