LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

21 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well ill post up...

Hit a buck at 910 this a.m. sat till 930 and walked out. Hit was back like liver maybe back of liver intestine area but slight quartered towards the chest. Arrow was in the deer up to the nock. Came back out at 1130 to look around. I can not find a spec of blood anywere. Ill post a grid on a deer pic. Id say D9,S10 line. Did about a 100, 150 yard grid cant find anything. Backed out again. I have a call into deer search. If i dint here back i have my father and 2 buddies coming at 5pm to go search again. I know its gonna die, just dont know were or when.

FB_IMG_1507772388935.jpg

Best o luck and looking forward to the hero pics!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well ill post up...

Hit a buck at 910 this a.m. sat till 930 and walked out. Hit was back like liver maybe back of liver intestine area but slight quartered towards the chest. Arrow was in the deer up to the nock. Came back out at 1130 to look around. I can not find a spec of blood anywere. Ill post a grid on a deer pic. Id say D9,S10 line. Did about a 100, 150 yard grid cant find anything. Backed out again. I have a call into deer search. If i dint here back i have my father and 2 buddies coming at 5pm to go search again. I know its gonna die, just dont know were or when.

FB_IMG_1507772388935.jpg

D9 quartering to or away?   Away would be liver and possibly lung.   To is gut and you may have a buddy with a good nose to help.   Good luck Zeek.  Good thoughts your way.   Maybe Sodfather can help.  I hear he just walks up to them.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Next weekend is when it starts to take off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I hope you're right! I need to break this bad boy in with some fresh blood. And yes skull and crossbones, they're like my signature or something20191019_160212.jpg8b5206db6251b79c955f664f818bce49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I should also add after much deliberation and input from both Tacks and Crappy Ice I decided to go with the summit viper SD country. Think the country part just means it comes with the footrest which I must say is most excellent! Super comfy stand nice and light. I may become a traveling Hunter vs just using my permanent stands now!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BBDEric said:

Stuck a doe . Shot looked good she walked off looking hurt. Quartering away few inches behind leg. Arrow sounded good. Going give here an hr before I look for arrow. She was at 20 yards.

We had a quartering away shot this year. About 7 inches of arrow showing the rest in the engine room. Never found him. 1 drop of blood thats it. good luck. 

Stuck a doe . Shot looked good she walked off looking hurt. Quartering away few inches behind leg. Arrow sounded good. Going give here an hr before I look for arrow. She was at 20 yards.

If she walked off my guess is liver. If you get lungs or heart my experience has been they run like hell while liver or guts they walk off looking real hurt. Full pass through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2