LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’ve been out this afternoon and have seen nothing. I dont know what happened around here, but my cams have been dead since Friday afternoon. No does, fawns, nothing. It’s like a light switch, I went from a ton of activity to nothing at all. Not even at night. Strange. 

Beans taken off of my place. 

I saw the buck I was looking for this morning at my secondary spot . I typically like to give a toot or 2 on the grunt tube before first light when the bucks are doing their last movements for the morning . This dude came straight through the middle of the open field with the wind ,he kept stopping and looking around turning his head to check the wind . I circled the tree hee was behind ,maybe another 30 feet and he would have been 30-35 yards . He changed the script and turned his direction straight into the woods . Sucks watching them walk away. You can see him approaching in the center of the pic.

20191020_132846.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, First-light said:

Beans taken off of my place. 

Ya they’re  harvesting them on the farm I hunt as well , they got 700 acres in and I hope the little 14 acres I sit on stays for a bit . South boarder, that farm cut all their corn . Less to hide in , but can shift some patterns as well .

John, it’s dropped off by me last couple sits, still see some and had a big buck in the beans in daylight , but definitely slower . Going in AM then sitting it out for about a week. 

Edited by Nomad

Was busted by a couple of deer walking in this morning. Should have taken the other route. Other than those two, no deer. Lot's of grouse.

At any given point in my life I probably have a phone in my hand, a computer open, the radio in the background (possibly a TV) and someone in the room demanding my attention.

But this morning I only had a chipmunk almost in hand, crows in the open sky, grouse in the background, and nearby squirrels demanding my attention.

Learned a few things: 

Chipmunks don’t need an audience to show off, that’s just the way they are.

A crow’s wings boom off the top of the trees as they fly over. It sounds like death coming. Murder of Crows, indeed.

The grouse are eating my beech nuts which is good to know for next weekend

And squirrels are the assholes of the woods. Seriously. They just sit in a tree and scold you for 20 minutes.

“Yes, I know I woke you up ... I’m sorry ... could you keep your voice down please, everyone can hear you ... I didn't know you this is your tree, I’m just trying to sit quietly ... okay, I’ll move on.” 

Seriously.

• Like 2

I saw nothing on Stateland . I parked and some girl pulled in behind me. She was waiting for Eddie. I ran into Eddie at 4pm. I was walking in and him out. He said he saw nothing. I got soaked. Poured the whole time. I forgot to ask if he’s on the forum.

Eddie from Mount Kisco, you here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been out this afternoon and have seen nothing. I dont know what happened around here, but my cams have been dead since Friday afternoon. No does, fawns, nothing. It’s like a light switch, I went from a ton of activity to nothing at all. Not even at night. Strange. 

Any crops get cut in your neighborhood? I’ve seen them disappear for a few days when a neighbor harvests beans or corn.

I saw nothing on Stateland . I parked and some girl pulled in behind me. She was waiting for Eddie. I ran into Eddie at 4pm. I was walking in and him out. He said he saw nothing. I got soaked. Poured the whole time. I forgot to ask if he’s on the forum.

Eddie from Mount Kisco, you here?

Is he Fast?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ya they’re  harvesting them on the farm I hunt as well , they got 700 acres in and I hope the little 14 acres I sit on stays for a bit . South boarder, that farm cut all their corn . Less to hide in , but can shift some patterns as well .

John, it’s dropped off by me last couple sits, still see some and had a big buck in the beans in daylight , but definitely slower . Going in AM then sitting it out for about a week. 

No ag here other than a hay lot about 1/2 mile away. He did just cut it and baled most of it. Nearest corn or beans is 2+ miles away. 

Wicked cool hunt.  Stud of a 2yr at 4-5yds.  But I bino-ed  two that absolutely confirmed I couldn’t shoot the 2yr.   The other 2 left under my stand on the other hedge row.  So cool to see a nice buck on the ground that close though.   

From the ground! You’re addicted

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

From the ground! You’re addicted

Not going to lie Biz, I considered shooting just because of the experience.   We were definitely eyeball to eyeball.   But the other 2 were were holy smokes bucks.  The best still to come!   But awesome experience and that’s why we really hunt anyways.  

• Like 7

It's about damn time! Now your just like the rest of us pleebs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If she walked off my guess is liver. If you get lungs or heart my experience has been they run like hell while liver or guts they walk off looking real hurt. Full pass through?

Yes if they walk off and kind of hunch up it’s guts for sure, if it’s vitals they usually run. My 7 last year I hit too far back but good angle. He walked off hunched up and after 20 yards stopped and took off on a full sprint. Found him 60 yards from that point

Not going to lie Biz, I considered shooting just because of the experience.   We were definitely eyeball to eyeball.   But the other 2 were were holy smokes bucks.  The best still to come!   But awesome experience and that’s why we really hunt anyways.  

Yup. Even the small bucks, when I get them on video and you can see their lungs inhaling and exhaling is so cool

• Like 3

Can’t wait till next Friday, due to a crazy work travel I haven’t been in the woods in like 10 days. I normally work at camp Wednesday and hunt Tuesday and Wednesday pm’s I have a internal interview this Wednesday so that’s messed up. I guess I won’t be in the woods till Friday pm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BBDEric said:

Stuck a doe . Shot looked good she walked off looking hurt. Quartering away few inches behind leg. Arrow sounded good. Going give here an hr before I look for arrow. She was at 20 yards.

Well double lunged her. She fell just out of sight. In fact made it about 60 yards down the mower path to the parking landing. You can see she died 40 yards from the truck . Easy track job and easy load!!!! Big old doe!!!! I have one doe tag left but with 2 in the freezer it's time to find some bone.  

20191020_171940.jpg

20191020_192817.jpg

• Like 31

Well double lunged her. She fell just out of sight. In fact made it about 60 yards down the mower path to the parking landing. You can see she died 40 yards from the truck . Easy track job and easy load!!!! Big old doe!!!! I have one doe tag left but with 2 in the freezer it's time to find some bone.  
20191020_171940.thumb.jpg.f811e56f823e6f64963f0d105f48f4e5.jpg
20191020_192817.thumb.jpg.0edf077fe29561f53a615cc78796409b.jpg

Congrats! Do me a favor and let me know if you hit a rib, I'm curious as to why she just walked off with a double lung hit. I think the difference between taking off like shot out of a cannon and walking off is hitting a rib

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Congrats! Do me a favor and let me know if you hit a rib, I'm curious as to why she just walked off with a double lung hit. I think the difference between taking off like shot out of a cannon and walking off is hitting a rib

Clean pass threw.  Shooting reaper 1 3/4 expandable. It's odd she walked off she did run a couple bounds then walked right down path where she died. It was 3 rib from back and out just before shoulder.