LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just now, BBDEric said:

Clean pass threw.  Shooting reaper 1 3/4 expandable. It's odd she walked off she did run a couple bounds then walked right down path where she died. It was 3 rib from back and out just before shoulder. 

Between ribs? Probably didnt even know she was hit. Shes a big girl, way to go!

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Wicked cool hunt.  Stud of a 2yr at 4-5yds.  But I bino-ed  two that absolutely confirmed I couldn’t shoot the 2yr.   The other 2 left under my stand on the other hedge row.  So cool to see a nice buck on the ground that close though.   

Nothing like being eye to eye, on their level, to get the heart pounding! What a great hunt!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bhunterED said:

Got some work to do I'll catch up with the story later. Got it done in 7P

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

Ok so here's the story. My day started straight out crap, my regular spot has been challenging this year to say the least. I have limited ways to access is the biggest problem, it's a deep ravine at the back side with a few draws and points on my side that I usually hunt with 44 acres of standing corn on the opposite side of the ravine. The deer have been coming onto my side of the ravine fairly early to bed so I figure get there before they do well at 5:15 this morning I bump deer. Ok not a huge deal get to my stand climb up my bow rope somehow gets wrapped in my backpack so climb down untangle get in the stand and relax. Just before sunrise I start to cool down so I'm going to put my jacket on reach to my back to unbuckle my coat and hit the wrong buckle and listen to my bag hit every climbing stick and the ground coat still on the bag as well as my binoculars, and range finder. Ok take a breath and just slow and easy get down and grab it but first rub the sleep out my eyes and wouldn't you know my damn contact pops out. So here I sit trying to use my spit to put my contact back in my eye still have to get my bag and stuff so they what the hell I'm here it could be worse just listen to the world wake up. I sat until 10:30 not even a squirrel. I get out call a buddy see how he made out and rant for a bit. We make plans and head out to a piece of his just about 6 I see some movement in the corner of the field I'm next to and here goes this deer up the edge away from me I grunt he stops and looks but keeps going I hit the doe bleat same thing I gave a snort wheez he stops turns around and comes my direction but of course is trying to get down wind and does next thing I know I hear foot steps and he walks directly under my stand and stops 6 Yds out where I sent one. I clipped his spine and got a lung and he dropped right there so I put another one in him to finish the job. Easiest track I've ever had and thanks to a good friend for picking me up.

• Like 10

I should also add after much deliberation and input from both Tacks and Crappy Ice I decided to go with the summit viper SD country. Think the country part just means it comes with the footrest which I must say is most excellent! Super comfy stand nice and light. I may become a traveling Hunter vs just using my permanent stands now!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have the sd as well and love it. Get the bow holder and climbing foot hooks if you don’t have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been out this afternoon and have seen nothing. I dont know what happened around here, but my cams have been dead since Friday afternoon. No does, fawns, nothing. It’s like a light switch, I went from a ton of activity to nothing at all. Not even at night. Strange. 

I was jealous of all your activity and took my sprayer and applied some deer off to your area.

Sorry

• Haha 1

I saw nothing on Stateland . I parked and some girl pulled in behind me. She was waiting for Eddie. I ran into Eddie at 4pm. I was walking in and him out. He said he saw nothing. I got soaked. Poured the whole time. I forgot to ask if he’s on the forum.

Eddie from Mount Kisco, you here?

Who the heck walks out at 4?

Congrats! Do me a favor and let me know if you hit a rib, I'm curious as to why she just walked off with a double lung hit. I think the difference between taking off like shot out of a cannon and walking off is hitting a rib

Sometimes they just don’t follow the script either. It’s what makes this sport so interesting.

Found my buck, no deer sesrch was needed. Im just dumb sometimes, ill explain more tomorrow. Exhausted now but thanks for the well wishes. Hit right were i thought, liver. Went 100-125 yards. 9pt 2.5 yr old.
20191020_200636.thumb.jpg.29b8d091e86eb20b340adde921dbfd9d.jpg
20191020_200653.thumb.jpg.bdd0dfd40db9889ec0d0a2cb9e9e54a9.jpg
20191020_202719.thumb.jpg.d7c39ae0d7b6889632271a11ccd3f758.jpg
20191020_203003.thumb.jpg.1af9b296edc9adbfd4932796f00062cd.jpg

What a cool buck

• Like 4

Spike two doe and a nice shooter in beans so far .Spike came to 30 yards . Later shooter was crossing it 100 plus yards out . He saw doe and chased them right towards me.

half hearted short chase .

Turkeys going nuts behind me on woods