LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I ate the raw heart of my first deer when I was elk hunting in Idaho. We cut it out of the deer and I took a big bite.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It came with the foot things. And got the bowholder off my old climber. And ordered up the stabilizer straps. Now just need better backpack straps. the ones it comes with leave much to be Desired

Should have got the lone wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm in Chenango Forks. Grew up in Harpursville still hunt out there with my dad time to time.
Apalachin here. Not too many "local to this area" guys on here. Thought it was just me and Hock3y.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Apalachin here. Not too many "local to this area" guys on here. Thought it was just me and Hock3y.

Was just in Apalachin tonight to get some jalapeno and cheese snack sticks and summer sausage made.

• Like 3

No way. Summit on every review I read was the top dog. And I looked at probably 10 different top climbers of 2019 reviews 

Summit just has the most marketing money. I’ve used both prefer the wolf. The summit may be slightly more comfortable on long sits. The lone wolfs pack in better. Are lighter. And are a much faster climb

• Like 1

Was just in Apalachin tonight to get some jalapeno and cheese snack sticks and summer sausage made.
Sweeney's? Don't you have to take the deer to Lock N Load now or can you just drop off the meat?

6 hours ago, Chef said:

Summit just has the most marketing money. I’ve used both prefer the wolf. The summit may be slightly more comfortable on long sits. The lone wolfs pack in better. Are lighter. And are a much faster climb

This exactly what I read in all the reviews. If you are hauling long distance go with the long wold if you want a little more comfort use the summit.  I have a summit open shot and love it but I want a long wolf too!! I chose the summit just because of price at the time.

• Like 2

Gonna be live from traffic court and DMV today - what amazing pre-cold front locations to be. Hoping the first bit of rain doesn’t reach 3S until after last light and I get out of DMV quick to hit the woods for a pm hunt to salvage some part of this day!

• Like 1

Got some great video on 2 different cams last night about 50 miles apart. One was a wide 130 8 grunting right in front of the cam. The other was a high 130 9 chasing a doe across a sod field. Things are starting to happen here. It won’t be long until it’s daylight action. They were on my buddies cams, or else I’d post them. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Sweeney's? Don't you have to take the deer to Lock N Load now or can you just drop off the meat?

Yes at Sweeneys you can take the whole deer.

9 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

I get my high temp cheese at Sweeney’s in Apalachin, I live in Maine, grew up in Forks.

How long you been out of the Forks? I've lived there for the last 14 years. I'm sure we probably know some of the same people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

It came with the foot things. And got the bowholder off my old climber. And ordered up the stabilizer straps. Now just need better backpack straps. the ones it comes with leave much to be Desired

i found that they're not wonderful, but it's more about how well you pack it. A good secure pack and the straps are fine, especially with a coat on. I never got the stabalizer straps, but have heard many recommend them.

Not sure if you're new to climbers, and even if you're not, it's good to practice with it a few times in the yard. good luck

• Like 1

i have 4 days off and they cant come soon enough.  Th-Sun.  Biz like prediction 25th or 27th one falls.  (for some reason have shot a lot of deer on the 25th and 27th wind looks right for 2 of my favorite spots)  But will also be out Wed after work to a close stand.   

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2