LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

First sit of the year after recovering from an injury. Twenty minutes and the woods are popping! Had a doe at ten yards but a buck was back in the brush grunting and thrashing a tree pretty good. I caught a glimpse of a dark body but not the head. He’s running around on the hillside in front of me chasing the doe. Man, it’s good to be back!

• Like 7

I went out and sat this afternoon for two hours.  No deer seen until 6:05, and they were 150+ yards away. Next sit is Friday morning for a couple of hours.  Saturday and Sunday are TBD - as it is my wife’s birthday. 

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Cant wait to leave work early friday morning to hunt.  But it will be a little humbling wife lost her best friend today to cancer she was like a sister to me and an aunt to my kids.   So it will be my therapy to relax and be thankful for my health and to still be here.    Dont care if i see or kill one friday just need to be out to recharge.

Good luck to those going out.

My sincere condolences. Man do I hate cancer.

• Like 3

Sat till dark in 3g. No action. Packing up and standing up to go I spooked two. Don't know if they were bedded and unseen all that time or started to move through after dark and I spooked them.

Anyway, beats packing, moving boxes and painting. I will be back at that tomorrow for the final push before our moving day. Hopefully can wrap early enough for a PM sit.

Good luck to all headed out tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

I just fantasized of getting to the point where I see so many nice bucks that the one in your pic is not a shooter lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

He is a very nice buck.   I am just holding out for one of a couple of others I have seen.  But nothing at all wrong with him.   And I may end up eating a tag as a result.   Part of the gamble.  

• Like 5

Sat for 90 minutes this morning and two hours this evening. Same property but saw two different mature bucks. One was in soy beans for an hour this morning and the other came out about 615 this evening and spent 15 minutes thrashing trees and making scrapes. The one this morning I’ve seen my last two sits there and the one this evening I’ve got a few trail cam pics of. Big boys still not showing any interest in does but they are definitely feeling frisky. I also had a decent 8 pointer sneak in to 30 yards and make a scrape but his body looked immature so he got a pass. Hoping to get back into a stand tomorrow, but I gotta admit all these hang and hunts with one mile hike ins are taking a toll... I have a herniated disc in my back and the doctors keep telling me to take it easy so I gotta try to pace myself unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sat for 90 minutes this morning and two hours this evening. Same property but saw two different mature bucks. One was in soy beans for an hour this morning and the other came out about 615 this evening and spent 15 minutes thrashing trees and making scrapes. The one this morning I’ve seen my last two sits there and the one this evening I’ve got a few trail cam pics of. Big boys still not showing any interest in does but they are definitely feeling frisky. I also had a decent 8 pointer sneak in to 30 yards and make a scrape but his body looked immature so he got a pass. Hoping to get back into a stand tomorrow, but I gotta admit all these hang and hunts with one mile hike ins are taking a toll... I have a herniated disc in my back and the doctors keep telling me to take it easy so I gotta try to pace myself unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why don't you hunt from the ground. I get the disadvantages but your back is more important than the buck. Imo

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3