LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I tapped out at 10:30.  Emptying cupboards in kitchen now. Remodel starts Monday. Move it or lose it guy said. Headed back out for afternoon/ evening sit. Did find these guys on local cams of mine though. 
527D80B2-A0E8-41B5-BB16-7B834A8332A8.thumb.jpeg.1e4d445a228dfe662eaf9caa39c578e1.jpeg
08E14944-42F4-4C88-BCDC-D222CE098910.thumb.jpeg.a0c25ed7426381a30f1874b04c72f4e9.jpeg
0AE63E30-2436-4748-AA3D-32E5E92A5006.thumb.png.bc1a63815a07bd51dc15e9803cb32fb6.png
E6AC4FFE-8B01-45CD-BC77-D10819274C1F.thumb.jpeg.b3d87039d73de5a191a4ab4800a7ed5f.jpeg
56366A6D-E3ED-4631-9733-26AA42CDCAC1.thumb.jpeg.ca966bcfa86b98937c56a7f68ffea5d6.jpeg
F441F5EF-C768-40F1-8D48-65888C89823B.thumb.jpeg.3e1ccc6a3ceac48841907c3c9abe1af2.jpeg
4A6B7809-A8CB-49A7-8A56-D46E3D55ADEA.thumb.jpeg.1d7ed2f62df14414dfa5e512e1947cf9.jpeg
1EA929C4-752E-4C5E-B443-1BB326D6947E.thumb.jpeg.3ad30186a7c500f88d8afd93d9e7f557.jpeg
7FEE3EBC-B048-4F44-9AA0-B871DBC6CA01.thumb.jpeg.e96dff25d9775d9f16334dda8c648341.jpeg
Was your wife talking with Mrs. real tc and mlammerhirt to get ideas about starting major projects like this!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Okay guys, in all okay lol. Absolute giant body on this deer, so it took me a while to drag it out, skin it and butcher it. Took many breaks and a few extra water breaks through out the process. The deer isn’t as big as I thought at first, but still a nice deer in my opinion. I’ll post he story and some pics in a second post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Heading out tonight for only my 4th sit. I came down with an pneumonia soon after feeling better from my concussion. Yeah it's been a long month and a half. Taking my 11 yr old with me and doe's or big bucks are on the docket tonight!

Fun sit.  Saw 2 not sure what they were. Has a buck jump the fence ihave my ground blind next to.  He was maybe 10yrds but it was at 6am i could just make out his body outline he sounded like a heavy body deer. Heard him destroy a tree and then some grunts then off after some deer i could hear farther in the woods.  Hoping its one i got on camera.

All these photos are from those 28 dollat camera from walmart.

20191025_121837.jpg

20191025_121853.jpg

20191025_121905.jpg

20191025_121820.jpg

20191025_121657.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 2

Okay guys here’s the story. Won’t be too long this time so I won’t bore you to death.

Got to my stand around 6:10 and didn’t hear or see a thing until around 6:35-40 when I saw a big body about 40 yards in front of me. It was traveling the opposite way the deer usually do in the morning and it was all alone. I’m thinking it was a buck, but it was barely light enough to see a body let alone the head. I decided to text back a few girls that around 7:20 when I decided to look to me left in the middle of a text. I saw a giant body and nice antlers 15 yards from me so I quickly figured out that it was a deer I would take. I put my phone in my pocket, got up and took the shot. I didn’t aim for more than a few seconds and let it rip once I saw it was in the ughh spot. I didn’t see where the arrow hit due to a few alder branches, but it sounded good and I didn’t see an arrow sticking out so I thought I just might have put a good shot on it. It ran down the same path that the deer I Shit last week ran down and got right to the part where it was too thick to see well. I watched that spot really closely because i figured he was right there and just when I was saying to my seeks that he might be going down, he drops. Man what a feeling to put a good shot on a deer and watch it go down. I thought it was a big 8 at first, but turns out it’s a big 5. No brows on be deer as you can see and one of the points broke off. It was a little smaller when I got to it, but still very happy with it. It’s either the biggest body deer I’ve shot or second biggest. It was a damn chore to drag that thing out and my back isn’t too happy about it.

Best part is I can still hunt up here for doe and go bowhunting on the island for bucks using my gun tagIMG_0543.jpgIMG_0597.jpgIMG_0593.jpgIMG_0564.jpg

• Like 49

Okay guys here’s the story. Won’t be too long this time so I won’t bore you to death.

Got to my stand around 6:10 and didn’t hear or see a thing until around 6:35-40 when I saw a big body about 40 yards in front of me. It was traveling the opposite way the deer usually do in the morning and it was all alone. I’m thinking it was a buck, but it was barely light enough to see a body let alone the head. I decided to text back a few girls that around 7:20 when I decided to look to me left in the middle of a text. I saw a giant body and nice antlers 15 yards from me so I quickly figured out that it was a deer I would take. I put my phone in my pocket, got up and took the shot. I didn’t aim for more than a few seconds and let it rip once I saw it was in the ughh spot. I didn’t see where the arrow hit due to a few alder branches, but it sounded good and I didn’t see an arrow sticking out so I thought I just might have put a good shot on it. It ran down the same path that the deer I Shit last week ran down and got right to the part where it was too thick to see well. I watched that spot really closely because i figured he was right there and just when I was saying to my seeks that he might be going down, he drops. Man what a feeling to put a good shot on a deer and watch it go down. I thought it was a big 8 at first, but turns out it’s a big 5. No brows on be deer as you can see and one of the points broke off. It was a little smaller when I got to it, but still very happy with it. It’s either the biggest body deer I’ve shot or second biggest. It was a damn chore to drag that thing out and my back isn’t too happy about it.

Best part is I can still hunt up here for doe and go bowhunting on the island for bucks using my gun tagIMG_0543.thumb.jpg.5ca3a01e3b5f4b5f2949ec61e6c6966e.jpgIMG_0597.thumb.jpg.898be420cb4560330954f97d096ec360.jpgIMG_0593.thumb.jpg.59b5bbc3a9f1fcba92e4e5370d35b907.jpgIMG_0564.thumb.jpg.733c61e4170bd720bb4782e309aedcaa.jpg

Congrats again, A. I’m happy for you. Great buck!

• Like 1

Best part is I can still hunt up here for doe and go bowhunting on the island for bucks using my gun tagIMG_0543.thumb.jpg.5ca3a01e3b5f4b5f2949ec61e6c6966e.jpgIMG_0597.thumb.jpg.898be420cb4560330954f97d096ec360.jpgIMG_0593.thumb.jpg.59b5bbc3a9f1fcba92e4e5370d35b907.jpgIMG_0564.thumb.jpg.733c61e4170bd720bb4782e309aedcaa.jpg

That is a sick deer! Awesome job! Beautiful colors and damn, well done Sir slow clap for you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Best part is I can still hunt up here for doe and go bowhunting on the island for bucks using my gun tagIMG_0543.jpgIMG_0597.jpgIMG_0593.jpgIMG_0564.jpg

Congrats AT!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Congrats and he’s a horse no doubt. 

• Like 1

Atta boy!!!! Hell of a deer!!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Great Buck-congrats

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Best part is I can still hunt up here for doe and go bowhunting on the island for bucks using my gun tag

awesome buck. one of the biggest 5's i've ever seen!

• Like 1