LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Okay guys here’s the story. Won’t be too long this time so I won’t bore you to death.

Got to my stand around 6:10 and didn’t hear or see a thing until around 6:35-40 when I saw a big body about 40 yards in front of me. It was traveling the opposite way the deer usually do in the morning and it was all alone. I’m thinking it was a buck, but it was barely light enough to see a body let alone the head. I decided to text back a few girls that around 7:20 when I decided to look to me left in the middle of a text. I saw a giant body and nice antlers 15 yards from me so I quickly figured out that it was a deer I would take. I put my phone in my pocket, got up and took the shot. I didn’t aim for more than a few seconds and let it rip once I saw it was in the ughh spot. I didn’t see where the arrow hit due to a few alder branches, but it sounded good and I didn’t see an arrow sticking out so I thought I just might have put a good shot on it. It ran down the same path that the deer I Shit last week ran down and got right to the part where it was too thick to see well. I watched that spot really closely because i figured he was right there and just when I was saying to my seeks that he might be going down, he drops. Man what a feeling to put a good shot on a deer and watch it go down. I thought it was a big 8 at first, but turns out it’s a big 5. No brows on be deer as you can see and one of the points broke off. It was a little smaller when I got to it, but still very happy with it. It’s either the biggest body deer I’ve shot or second biggest. It was a damn chore to drag that thing out and my back isn’t too happy about it.

Best part is I can still hunt up here for doe and go bowhunting on the island for bucks using my gun tagIMG_0543.thumb.jpg.5ca3a01e3b5f4b5f2949ec61e6c6966e.jpgIMG_0597.thumb.jpg.898be420cb4560330954f97d096ec360.jpgIMG_0593.thumb.jpg.59b5bbc3a9f1fcba92e4e5370d35b907.jpgIMG_0564.thumb.jpg.733c61e4170bd720bb4782e309aedcaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a beauty that's an awesome Buck Congrats!!! I'm set up on the private land in the swamp stand giving it one more try with the crossbow before gun opener tomorrow. Good luck to all those out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had a bunch of work to do up at the cabin today. Decided to take a walk and check trail cams. I get up to the corner of my field and theirs some think brush at the field edge . I get to about 30 yards of this bush and I see something moving. I’m in a stare down it a giant. What felt like forever of us just gazing into each other’s eyes. I’m slowly reaching for my phone to hopefully get this on video when he just bolts. I got him now I know where he’s sleeping. I’m going to give it a couple days and get into one of my stands close by. Man that encounter got me feeling good. 

• Like 3

Finally a still evening g. Deer are active. Just has a doe and 2 fawns walk under me. Been here an hour and 20 minutes and just 16 flat heads so far.
The grey squirrels are not as friendly here as the flying squirrel over on the other hill. The greys are throwing walnuts at me and the flying squirrel last night came to visit and even set on my left shoulder for a minute while he was trying to figure out what I was. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Okay guys, in all okay lol. Absolute giant body on this deer, so it took me a while to drag it out, skin it and butcher it. Took many breaks and a few extra water breaks through out the process. The deer isn’t as big as I thought at first, but still a nice deer in my opinion. I’ll post he story and some pics in a second post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a very stout looking 5.  My guess is a 43" chest girth which would put it's field dressed weight right about 200 pounds.