LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Well we busted 4 doe out of the plot, saw a pretty nice 4pt and a doe, kind of a lame sit. I pulled both cam cards on the plot, had a crap ton of pics over the last 2 weeks, some pretty nice bucks showing up, especially one 2 mornings ago freshing up a mole scrape 10yrds I front of my stand. Heading back in the am

Thanks for all the replys guys! Love this community!! Sorry about the late response, I was like a chicken with out a head running around. Like turkey feathers said, that thing was easily 200 pounds dressed. I train with guys that are 180-200 pounds and it felt everybit of 200. For the first time i keep replaying a shot sequence in my head that turned out welll lol. Caped it out and im considering mounting it. Like tacks said, its a really dark deer which is whats making me want to mount it and its my best bow buck. 

If you’re contemplating it, get it mounted. Regret would suck. Easier someday to make room and take it down and keep the antlers anyway. In 2007, I shot an 8pt and wanted to get it mounted. My dad told me “don’t mount it, you’ll get many more”. I did NOT listen to him and got it mounted. Well it’s 2019 and I haven’t shot an 8pt since so I’m glad I didn’t listen to him LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Thanks for all the replys guys! Love this community!! Sorry about the late response, I was like a chicken with out a head running around. Like turkey feathers said, that thing was easily 200 pounds dressed. I train with guys that are 180-200 pounds and it felt everybit of 200. For the first time i keep replaying a shot sequence in my head that turned out welll lol. Caped it out and im considering mounting it. Like tacks said, its a really dark deer which is whats making me want to mount it and its my best bow buck. 
I would! I love funky racks and that one is a beastadon!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If you’re contemplating it, get it mounted. Regret would suck. Easier someday to make room and take it down and keep the antlers anyway. In 2007, I shot an 8pt and wanted to get it mounted. My dad told me “don’t mount it, you’ll get many more”. I did NOT listen to him and got it mounted. Well it’s 2019 and I haven’t shot an 8pt since so I’m glad I didn’t listen to him LOL

You're about to convince me to spend a lot of money biz!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

You're about to convince me to spend a lot of money biz!

Im with biz.  My 8 isnt huge and couple friends told me to not mount it.  Its on my wall only 8 ive killed in 14yrs of hunting.  I have a friend who shot a smaller 12 and talked himself out of it and he regrets it to this day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

That won't stop a buck on a hot doe...........same as you and some hot babe in Mexico in 95 degree heat. :)

ROCK N ROLL.............

Some might say that sun beating on your hypothalamus is making the rut even worse!!! 

Can't say i ever experienced anything like that...

1 hour ago, ATbuckhunter said:

It’s your best buck with a bow, I second that you should have a mount done. Plus he’s just a cool deer.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Just laying here in bed unable to sleep due to excitement for the morning duck and goose hunt. Gave me time to catch up on the last two days of posts at least.

Just finished loading the truck up about 20 mins ago. Buddy built us a new blind out of pvc and we covered it in some burlap. It comes apart in sections it’s pretty cool can’t wait to try it out in the morning. Going in super early to set this thing up and make sure we are first ones there.

May try and get out after deer in the afternoon. Will see how the day goes.

Good luck to everyone going out in the morning and congrats to AT and others who have painted the ground red!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Man i think you guys have me convinced to drop some coin. Ill be dropping it off next weekend I guess

I 3rd or 4th the mounting idea.  That’s a huge mature 5 pt.  I would also consider a wall pedestal.   It will help to show off the body girth of that toad.   Doesn’t cost much more.  

I woke at 3:16 without an alarm...just broke down two front quarters from last weekends spike and heading back in 3S...54 little wind only hunting until 9:15 or so...heading to Philly later

You are insane!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I woke at 3:16 without an alarm...just broke down two front quarters from last weekends spike and heading back in 3S...54 little wind only hunting until 9:15 or so...heading to Philly later

54 or 44?

I’m up no alarm either.

3N:
719am sunrise
44 degrees
3-5mph N wind

6 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Man i think you guys have me convinced to drop some coin. Ill be dropping it off next weekend I guess

X5ish on DO IT!?Im after my first mount and i wouldnt hesitate if i dropped that guy.5 pts or 10,he's mature and big!!!

Finishing cup of coffee then heading to property.sitting same stand as yesterday morning.3 bucks on cam and fresh scrapes.hopefully someone shows to freshen up

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Getting serious.  Brushed my teeth with activated charcoal toothpaste (which has been sitting unused for 6 months because it tastes like, well, charcoal).  Seemed like now would be a good time to try it - not sure why.  

Brushed mine, too, but now saturating palette with large amounts of coffee.

Still haven't gotten a deer! Seen a bunch. Optimistic about today because weather is good and without kid there I will be able to hang around longer.

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Quick walleye limit and breakfast heard out in 20 min. Smaller fish today. 15.5, 16.5 and 18". But a limit. One short and lost one. Took me 35 minutes today....God...lol

Hoping for some deer to help fill the freezer too. 

IMG_20191026_050004492.jpg

What time did you go fishing?  Wow I admire your total dedication.  

• Thanks 1