LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

That sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its alright. All part of hunting in Westchester. Idiots will be idiots no matter where they are. Also I'm convinced my POS car is the reason I'm not seeing anything. Think those losers that put on the after market exhaust on the Civic to make it "sound cool" but even louder. More like a car that doesn't have a muffler. Since I think my exhaust system has become disconnected somewhere between the engine and rear seats. It's super loud. Pretty sure it's scaring all my deer away. Switching to a a spare Lexus for my evening sit and tomorrow morning sit. If I even see a deer I'll be convinced that my car was my downfall. Can't wait for December and the December to remember sales events when I finally get a new ride!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Nice choice, I go there all the time

Wife grew up  very close to here, our land is close and the farm I hunt runs from down the road a bit to Victor .

Food has always been good, beer solid .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob-c said:

Yep , when on our old lease I watched numerous times the deer would come out of the corn walk 50-75 yards and go right back in . 

This happened last week at my lease week.  Told my brother who planned on getting out at 930 to sit until atleast 10 since they were chopping next door.  15mins later he called and said he had a tall 8 and 3 does come flying out of the corn and pass him and into the swamp.

• Like 1

Heading out to stateland where i took my deer last weekend be my first evening sit of the year.  Brother sat thr stand with the scrape pictures saw a little guy chasing does. He said when the fog lifted he found out there were goose hunters on the  next property over less than 50yards from him in the corn field.  

Wife grew up  very close to here, our land is close and the farm I hunt runs from down the road a bit to Victor .
Food has always been good, beer solid .

I completely agree. I grew up about five minutes down the road. Only one of my spots is near it but I’m friends with the people that run it and have a lot of friends that go there so I find myself there pretty frequently. There’s some nice deer over there.

2 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

Slow sit. Maybe a dozen deer, but all does and small bucks. Found nice scrape line on way back to truck. I stopped counting when I go to ten scrapes. Will be back here on the next NW wind

98ee801d9921a74f6090740d609c1691.jpg

That’s a slow day? 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Yeah... I’m spoiled. I’m hunting small pockets of cover in big ag country. Very few hunters around here and most of them only shoot big bucks so we have crazy densities of does and small bucks.

Want to trade?  I've seen 1 spike horn twice all week here in 5h.  That's it.  This too can be yours.

• Like 2

Welp the morning only showed 3 deer, the smallest of which was right in front of us at 9 yards. A 7 year old whose never shot a deer had the ok to shoot but he wanted to let her grow another year. That concludes youth season for us, we saw deer every sit from 2-5 with a couple nice bucks. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Chef said:

Porcupine

34c8095ff9422b84208d4900e8a66040.jpg

If that picture is from your property and you want to preserve your hemlock trees, than kill that porcupine. They will destroy hemlock trees at a alarming rate. 

My property has very few good hemlocks on it and the porcupines are the major cause.