LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

If that picture is from your property and you want to preserve your hemlock trees, than kill that porcupine. They will destroy hemlock trees at a alarming rate. 

My property has very few good hemlocks on it and the porcupines are the major cause.

I thought about it, didn’t wanna waste a arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sitting in a new stand tonight. Actually the first real sit for the season. I’m in the between a thicket and cattails with a green field behind me on the other side of the cattails. There is already about a dozen does out in the field. I’ve been getting pics of bucks moving through here every night for the last 4 days, including an old 11 point, usually around last light. Just had a big Tom come through as I was typing this. 

• Like 4

Started getting pics of big boys on their feet during daylight. My friend got a pic of his target buck at 9am this morning. Another friend just got a pic of a great buck on his feet at 4pm. Neither one was hunting today, but it’s a great sign that they are starting to move during the day now. 

Live from the couch....why is it every time you cross off one thing from the honey do list there are three new items??

If your honey do list involves sitting on the couch ur doing alright

Started getting pics of big boys on their feet during daylight. My friend got a pic of his target buck at 9am this morning. Another friend just got a pic of a great buck on his feet at 4pm. Neither one was hunting today, but it’s a great sign that they are starting to move during the day now. 

Which area is that?

Was out this morning. First had 1 young doe and 2 fawns right in front of me begging to be venison jerky. Let them walk. Had a real tall buck run thru fast into the thick and kept going. Not chasing not being chased. Finally get out of stand and once in the ground 2 shooter doe run behind me. Second time that happened. When you wanna leave...wait 1/2 hour more lol. That was today’s lesson. Then it was home, food, honey do, nap too long in that order.