LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

I have a spot already picked out in my freezer for him. 
He looks nice and delicious! I need to get some meat on the ground ASAP. It's almost Stew Season and all I've.got is backstraps from last season. Rather not turn them to stew.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He looks nice and delicious! I need to get some meat on the ground ASAP. It's almost Stew Season and all I've.got is backstraps from last season. Rather not turn them to stew.

Backstraps still? I always eat them the first few weeks. Idk how anyone lets them last more than a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Well we got skunked yesterday morning on birds. Was really surprising as we have been seeing loads of them in there every day for the last week and a half. But that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Buddy and I put together this blind with pvc Friday night. Came out pretty well considering the haste it was completed in haha
94d9514259ea265386cf1d979dad764a.jpg
d21f01a8b6e9977ffd6832ef45e6723b.jpg

We broke the blind back down and moved it over to my neighbors farm pond and added a tarp under the burlap to keep this mornings rain off us. We nailed 7 geese and 2 beautiful mallards this morning.
2153614deeb86d9a9288b9457e1a73fc.jpg

Wife wanted to try a goose stew tonight. Not sure how well it’s gonna turn out but we are giving it a try
12ded9e9862752fe4e719fc46e546a70.jpg

• Like 18

Backstraps still? I always eat them the first few weeks. Idk how anyone lets them last more than a month

Sometimes I “save them for a special occasion” and then either forget or never have a special enough occasion! You also are selective with the deer you put down...I stack meat so straps are plentiful!!!!

• Like 1

I donate the first deer I kill every year. Last season only had that dried up doe. And I still had a few years of deer in the freezer. I'm usually the only one eating em so it tends to last a while for me

• Like 1

Sometimes I “save them for a special occasion” and then either forget or never have a special enough occasion! You also are selective with the deer you put down...I stack meat so straps are plentiful!!!!

I too try and stack meat as much as I can. Just happens that I've gone through quite a slump these last few years. any lone doe (without fawns) is going down if it comes within range.

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I donate the first deer I kill every year. Last season only had that dried up doe. And I still had a few years of deer in the freezer. I'm usually the only one eating em so it tends to last a while for me

Its the perfect breakfast food . I can eat like 6 or 8 oz. of venison for breakfast at 5:30 and feel full right up to lunch time .  

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That sounds delicious! Grilled or in a skillet or roasted?

Oven , i precook the bacon like half done . It still has to be flexible . I lay a piece of bacon ,then backstrap ,jalapeno slice and i put cream cheese in a sandwich bag and squish it with my fingers to make it softer ,then i cut the corner off the bag and use it to squirt a glob of cream cheese before rolling it up and secure with a toothpick . i think the temp was 350 for like 8 minutes maybe .

Oven , i precook the bacon like half done . It still has to be flexible . I lay a piece of bacon ,then backstrap ,jalapeno slice and i put cream cheese in a sandwich bag and squish it with my fingers to make it softer ,then i cut the corner off the bag and use it to squirt a glob of cream cheese before rolling it up and secure with a toothpick . i think the temp was 350 for like 8 minutes maybe .
I may have to try this!

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I may have to try this!

It's probably the most delicious thing ive ever eaten . I used my havalon knife to slice the backstrap about 3/8 of an inch thick. 

Edited by Jeremy K

It's probably the most delicious thing ive ever eaten . 
Gonna possibly try for this week. Gotta defrost my straps hopefully they're still good otherwise getting refozen for coyote bait. And I'll report back on my findings. Seems a better plan than grinding em up to make tacos with