LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

It's probably the most delicious thing ive ever eaten . I used my havalon knife to slice the backstrap about 3/8 of an inch thick. 

Love mine as Wellington’s or just cooked whole and then slices thin on top of a crusting and browned onions with a squirt of horseradish sauce.
Gonna need to try it your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

It's probably the most delicious thing ive ever eaten . I used my havalon knife to slice the backstrap about 3/8 of an inch thick. 
Damn if only I had seen this prior to catching a train. I'd have grabbed my pirahanta with the removable scalpels. I'll have to use my trusty Benchmade now. Are you cutting them into pucks or basically unrolling your backstrap?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I donate the first deer I kill every year. Last season only had that dried up doe. And I still had a few years of deer in the freezer. I'm usually the only one eating em so it tends to last a while for me

Even when you donate a deer you still get to keep backstraps !

Shoot more deer = more backstraps!!

Backstraps for me are salt and pepper on the grill super hot for 2-3 min per side. twice a week. They don’t last long.

Pics are 1 dinner for me. So that twice a week and you run out quick

3c710c6cdb4ef367e367eda338e3bf3e.jpg8815a259837ece2df8ec20c9c6dddbbf.jpg

• Like 5

Even when you donate a deer you still get to keep backstraps !

Oh i know. That's why i have so many! Plus I'm the only one that eats venison. Plus the future Mrs. Jerkman does most of the cooking and I don't want to have her make 2 meals for dinner even though she would gladly do so. That leaves days I'm on my own for dinner and usually I just go with something easy in the freezer. But this week I'm gonna try @Jeremy K recipe. It sounds delicious!

Holy chit my heart is racing.had a doe barreling towards me mouth open 10ft from ladder and small 7 or 8pt i just post pic of hot on her grunting.she stopped n he said go and ran her in a circle in field right back at me.grunted n he was oblivious to it.5 secs later here comes the 5pt ive had on cam hot on the trail.pulled phone out for pic.legs still shaking.

20191027_173142.jpg

• Like 4

Holy chit my heart is racing.had a doe barreling towards me mouth open 10ft from ladder and small 7 or 8pt i just post pic of hot on her grunting.she stopped n he said go and ran her in a circle in field right back at me.grunted n he was oblivious to it.5 secs later here comes the 5pt ive had on cam hot on the trail.pulled phone out for pic.legs still shaking.
20191027_173142.thumb.jpg.18e7138472cdbb9f02411188de02b6c5.jpg
Wonder why she's so blue?

• Haha 1

I just wanted to let you guys know, you all caused me to drop some coin on a deer mount. Dropped my deer off today for a shoulder mount. I considered the pedistal mount, but I dont really have the space for it right now. I did mention how big the neck was so he's going to recreate the size of the neck. Trying out a new taxidermist that had pretty decent deer mounts. He's much closer to home than the guy I went to before and he's a much nicer guy. 

• Like 11

Was waiting for that haha.old water tank???been in here along with other chit my grandfather put in here
20191027_175805.thumb.jpg.e9cf9bad4f9173a663c28ded9bcb8921.jpg
Hey you never know when you might need some old ass shit. He could probably take that blue thing and turn it into a ham radio if he had to

• Haha 1

They had sheep when they moved in so im assuming its something along those lines.$20 its yours :taunt:

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Hey you never know when you might need some old ass shit. He could probably take that blue thing and turn it into a ham radio if he had to