LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Backstraps for me are salt and pepper on the grill super hot for 2-3 min per side. twice a week. They don’t last long.

Pics are 1 dinner for me. So that twice a week and you run out quick

3c710c6cdb4ef367e367eda338e3bf3e.jpg8815a259837ece2df8ec20c9c6dddbbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m surprised they had colored camera pictures back then 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Holy chit my heart is racing.had a doe barreling towards me mouth open 10ft from ladder and small 7 or 8pt i just post pic of hot on her grunting.she stopped n he said go and ran her in a circle in field right back at me.grunted n he was oblivious to it.5 secs later here comes the 5pt ive had on cam hot on the trail.pulled phone out for pic.legs still shaking.

20191027_173142.jpg

Didn't send it?

So there I was, half an hour before sunset, texting in my deer stand. Out of the corner of my right eye I see a buck. I turn my head, and realize it is THE buck, the 10-pointer I have been watching for TWO YEARS. I stupidly did not even have an arrow nocked, so I do it quickly as he put his head down for a second. He is 15 yards from me. He never looked up at me, but he promptly trotted away, and I never got a chance to turn and draw. I tried to rattle him back in, but no luck. I need a “don’t text and hunt” law!!!

I am so f*cking frustrated with myself!!!

6CE76588-BEAB-4189-B842-C63AA9A367A0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

So there I was, half an hour before sunset, texting in my deer stand. Out of the corner of my right eye I see a buck. I turn my head, and realize it is THE buck, the 10-pointer I have been watching for TWO YEARS. I stupidly did not even have an arrow nocked, so I do it quickly as he put his head down for a second. He is 15 yards from me. He never looked up at me, but he promptly trotted away, and I never got a chance to turn and draw. I tried to rattle him back in, but no luck. I need a “don’t text and hunt” law!!!

That sucks bad, if it helps we’ve all been there.. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Half hour before sunset and no arrow nocked? Come on man!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6CE76588-BEAB-4189-B842-C63AA9A367A0.thumb.jpeg.a093724e366b80239615f7b2c7fb6860.jpeg

Why would you be in your stand and not have an arrow nocked??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

68BED8D0-275D-4811-83AF-D87FF3FBE38C.thumb.jpeg.ed71631a5de30eb2b4ca768adaad0907.jpegJust got a pic of this buck. On the video, he was trailing a doe. He just needs to come thru that patch about 30 minutes earlier. They have definitely started the seeking phase as a buddy of mine had several pics early this morning on one cam of at least 4 different bucks looking for a date. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Don't despair, the story might not be over yet.  I had a similar thing happen last season (but it involved a bright chrome cup of hot cider - I learned the "text/phone" lesson a few years prior).    When the bruiser swamp buck caught a glimpse of me taking a sip, he walked out of range before I could get to my crossbow.   I watched where he went and moved my hang-on stand to a strategic location.   A week later, I had the last laugh.   

deerCiderThermos.jpg.486c0d219a74a89802ceb48d85d8f452.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Don't despair, the story might not be over yet.  I had a similar thing happen last season (but it involved a bright chrome cup of hot cider - I learned the "text/phone" lesson a few years prior).    When the bruiser swamp buck caught a glimpse of me taking a sip, he walked out of range before I could get to my crossbow.   I watched where he went and moved my hang-on stand to a strategic location.   A week later, I had the last laugh.   

deerCiderThermos.jpg.486c0d219a74a89802ceb48d85d8f452.jpg

Still hiding that chrome cup from him, I see.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I'll see him again. I've been seeing him fairly often on the cameras. 

Just now, Whereareyoubuck said:

Still hiding that chrome cup from him, I see.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I'll see him again. I've been seeing him fairly often on the cameras. 

Yeah, I did no learn that part of the lesson yet by that time.  Fortunately, he showed up the next week, right after I finished my drink and had it stowed back in my pack.  Last week, while hunting up in the northern zone, I wrapped that shiny chrome Stanley with dull black electrical tape.    Hopefully, I don't get busted with it again this year.